• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory tach green wire routing and engine ground on 66 Satellite

Yes, still goes to the amp gauge. There aren’t any changes on the interior wiring for the Hemi that I have found so far.

see attached

20210323_170108.jpg 20210323_170233.jpg 20210323_170316.jpg

Relay panel on the inner fender

Ive just heard it refereed to as a terminal block . I think it was being reproduced....but not sure 100%

relay-bank.jpg

It certainly seems it only connects 2 wires together. 66 was an cobble the engine wiring and we'll fix it next year.

That’s great Bill - thanks. I spent an hour googling terminal block yesterday - never thought to try junction block. And Mega Parts of all places. They have a lot of obscure stuff but it’s sometimes hard to find on their website.

It looks like there are some other wires entering with the tach wire. Do you have some auxiliary gages under the dash? The only other wire I find entering the cabin that doesn’t go through the bulkhead is the AC wire which a Hemi won’t have.

Don’t try to track it down - it’s just a curiosity. I’ve gone through pretty much every foot of wiring on this car now except behind the grill and know more about it than I ever wanted to. This relay panel was the last piece of the puzzle and you have clarified that for me.

Great help - thanks again.

Its wire for the tach and my aftermkt temp gauge wire

Should just be the green tach wire from OEM

ps, what the purpose is the terminal / junction block is??

I have no idea really but its 1966 Street hemi cars only

I think when this car was stripped and painted they removed everything on the panel and then couldn't remember how to put it back correctly - I think they reversed the starter relay and the horn relay and when it came to the junction block they couldn't figure out it's purpose either and just left it off.

If you have power brakes and switch to dual master. Get a master where lines come out passengers side. May have to unbolt master for valve adjustment.

Fran - no PB or PS and after helping my friend work on his 69 Hemi Roadrunner with PB, I won’t miss them on this car. I decided to replace the light harness because the line to bay Z at the bulkhead has been real hot in the past and melted the area of the plug some. I had a new plug but I also would have had to cut the fuse link off of it and splice in some more wire and a heavy ring connector - too much monkey business for my piece of mind.

It’s interesting that my 67 GTX has all its original wiring and everything on it still works perfectly.

My car still has all its underdash and rear body lighting.
But Everything firewall forward is new .

As to the oem relay location on the relay bracket......i think mine is right. Based on pictures i have of surviver cars ive seen.

Ps.
I plan to convert mine to disc brakes.....someday.
But whether or not i do power disc brakes is yet to be determined.

I know a couple guys with cars running manual disc brakes with no complaints on there part .

Bill - I think your junction terminal is installed right. It matches BEL64's photo in post 10 I found on the internet and seems to agree with some other photos I found although they were pretty grainy when enlarged. I think the key thing on PB is to have the flexible rubber boot on the #7 plug or it can be really tough to change plugs. But pulling the valve cover to adjust valves is really a problem - pretty much have to unbolt the booster and master cylinder and lay them over against the fender.

With PBs remove spring brackets throttle cable bracket. Lift forward and toward carbs with 1, 3 and 5 plug tubes removed. Forget whether had to remove rear carb but don't think so.

Auto Transport Service
Back