• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair Price for a 68 or 69 R/T?

Deus Ex

Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
Curious at what the market trends have been and what is the going rate/fair price for a straight 68 or 69 R/T? Something that is complete and decent condition, but would be a good candidate for a restoration.

What's the best place these days to find a car like this?

As much as the seller can get and depends on options (4 speed, SE package, Column vs console auto, color) Before I bought my 70 500 (383, 3 speed manual, ran and drove but needed quarters/trunk) last May I occasionally saw decent running and presentable non-R/T cars for $35-50k and they were selling. Anything higher and they seemed to sit. These cars are stupid high right now but maybe

This forum seems to have reasonable deals. The challenge might be finding that decent R/T. Many are either really far gone or already restored at this point and R/Ts are the most likely to have been restored. Just my opinion but I’ve had quite a few 2nd gen Chargers…my current one was by far the most costly and hard to find.

I guess the first question is, what are you willing to pay for one? Condition, options, color, availability are big factors. I am curious, of course, what the FBBO Mopar masters are going to say about this...

go to eBay, search: charger r/t, then Completed Listings. Sports Car Marketplace is another auction/real world source. Here are two sold on eBay, the '70 project with fat tires, period correct shackle lift, scoop delete, just sold for $29K, the black one: One owner, original drivetrain, fresh restoration sold for $80K.
Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 1.54.33 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 1.56.31 PM.png

Last edited:
I figured he was asking about a Coronet R/T, when he just said R/T. Maybe either one, as long as it is an R/T.

Curious at what the market trends have been and what is the going rate/fair price for a straight 68 or 69 R/T? Something that is complete and decent condition, but would be a good candidate for a restoration.

What's the best place these days to find a car like this?

If you're talking bout a Charger, these days, I'd say 50-80 grand.

I assumed OP meant Charger I guess. For what it’s worth…There is a factory orange’’69 440 4 speed track pack car in Lincoln NE that had been General Lee’d that I looked at before I bought my 70. Very rough, not a straight/non rusty body panel on it, missing a lot but had the Dana and non numbers but date coded motor/tranny. No title. I felt stupid offering $25k and I was turned DOWN lol

I figured he was asking about a Coronet R/T, when he just said R/T. Maybe either one, as long as it is an R/T.
I, too, presumed he was asking about a Coronet.

It makes a difference. In general, a Charger R/T goes for more than a Coronet.

soo...always best to clarify.

What Chargers like these were worth today in Denver

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 3.23.15 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 3.23.39 PM.png

I offered $25k on an '69 Charger SE 318 car. The body and frame was decent. (Certainly worthy of body work.) Engine ran from a can. (Fuel tank obviously bad.)

My offer was turned down.

I just sold my 1969 Charger 500 for $35,000.

It was a complete project car dana-60 four-speed numbers matching.

One of 26 made and the last 440 car off the line in December 1968.

No funds to restore so I had to let her go to a Mopar-mate (with cancer)!

I just sold my 1969 Charger 500 for $35,000.

It was a complete project car dana-60 four-speed numbers matching.

One of 26 made and the last 440 car off the line in December 1968.

No funds to restore so I had to let her go to a Mopar-mate (with cancer)
Now that’s a deal I wish I’d known about. If he ever wants to sell I sure would like to throw my hat in the ring.

i can't even begin to imagine what my car is worth.
the paint on it was done in the 71=72 time period, and has battle scars from years of abuse.
it is an original 383/727 SE car [back then, we called it the Sex Edition], however, it has been modified, and additional modifications are under way.
the original engine and transmission are with the car, but i can't find the broadcast sheet. i'm thinking that at one time i had it, but i have no idea whatever happened to it...:BangHead:
:drinks:

Auto Transport Service
Back