• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fall Fling-25 Oct 23th 2021 Sat. @Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA

Malibu Cruise pics

View attachment 1183891 View attachment 1183892 1FFB9E8C-30F7-41E2-8365-A73A5820A51B.jpeg FE81922F-5BC5-4131-866D-0BCB31194B1C.jpeg 22472114-1B51-4617-8073-E06B4A158D88.jpeg C0104548-23D9-4508-A174-29AAB32EB43C.jpeg E749E689-54E2-4944-ABE0-60EE10F177F6.jpeg D868CC93-940B-4E82-B6E3-5AAE9AF48958.jpeg F8490F78-1878-4B66-BCE4-4F78F3F22889.jpeg

I was there. Bought a mopar hat and a body plug kit for my 72. It was good to see so many folks came out. Lots of nice Mopars.
Sorry no pics.
I hollered at a guy I tought was Kern Dog...it wasn't him....people thinking I was a crazy man.
All and all it was nice to get out.
Mary and I were there.
Sorry, NO pictures!
Here is MY recap for anyone that cares to read:
Thursday night we checked into the Motel 6 on Roscoe near the 405. I picked the place based entirely on price.
It was about what you might expect. One bed, ONE chair, ONE large bath towel. Indoor plumbing. Terrible road noise from the freeway. Van Nuys is heavily industrial, dirty and beat up. Sorry if this offends but the parts of the town that I saw were as they have been....run down, broken sidewalks, graffiti, bad roads and just plain ugly.
The hotel that the CPW club used to sponsor was a great place to stay. Most of the out-of-towners used to stay there and the parking lot was an excellent place to peek at parts that would be for sale in the swap and cars that would be at the show. I really enjoyed the conversations I had with the travelers there. Since that hotel has since been "chosen" to house some of the "homeless" people in the area, the club was either unable or unwilling to recommend the hotel to us folks needing overnight accommodations. This left us all to pick places on our own and likely send us in multiple locations. This eliminated one of the best aspects of the show for me. There were no other Mopar people in the Motel where we stayed so I missed out on that.
The club hosts a cruise on the Friday morning before the show. I always enjoy that. In the Spring 2019 show, they had reached a pinnacle of something like 68 cars involved in the event. This was amazing! It seemed to grow every year but 2015 seemed to kick it up a bit and each Spring seemed to have about 5-6 cars more than the year before.
The cruise starts at the Woodley Park parking lot and follows a route that they print out for those that need the help. Along the way, they stop at a few places to allow stragglers to catch up and to see the sights.
They have traditionally started meeting up at the park around 9:00 and leave around 10:00. I got to the park before 10 but there was no classic cars in the lot. I saw the club President in the park and he told me that they had already left and that they were taking their usual route. I've been on the cruise numerous times since 2011 so I was able to get out in front of the cruisers.
The participants had some nice cars but the turnout wasn't nearly as big as before. Fall usually has a smaller turnout but I really hoped to see 30-40 cars. I didn't count but I estimate something like 17-18 cars showed up. Great people and it was a nice cruise.
The meetup at the Bob's Big Boy in Northridge was Friday night. This is also usually a decent mini-show-n-shine but again, the turnout was not very good. I did enjoy chatting with the few that did show up, I just wish that there were more people with Mopars there.
Show day today was great though. I love the swap meet and this year, the Fall show swap looked to be as big as a Saturday in the Spring usually is. I scored some needed stuff for my "Jigsaw" project Charger and talked with numerous familiar faces. The Fall show seems to attract fewer trailer queens and more real world driver cars. I like the pristine restorations but I relate more to the ones with a few scratches and original parts.
TTI and Gear Vendors chose to skip the show but some of the other usual vendors did have stuff on display for sale.
All in all, I had a great time. I can't blame the club for the lower turnout of the cruise. The weather was nice too. I have been of the mindset that once the shows started up again that there would be a huge turnout due to pent up demand. That may have been the reason for the bigger swap meet. The show car count was down a bit from other Fall shows but there was some rain this morning and that may have discouraged some locals from coming out.

Mary and I were there.
Sorry, NO pictures!
Here is MY recap for anyone that cares to read:
Thursday night we checked into the Motel 6 on Roscoe near the 405. I picked the place based entirely on price.
It was about what you might expect. One bed, ONE chair, ONE large bath towel. Indoor plumbing. Terrible road noise from the freeway. Van Nuys is heavily industrial, dirty and beat up. Sorry if this offends but the parts of the town that I saw were as they have been....run down, broken sidewalks, graffiti, bad roads and just plain ugly.
The hotel that the CPW club used to sponsor was a great place to stay. Most of the out-of-towners used to stay there and the parking lot was an excellent place to peek at parts that would be for sale in the swap and cars that would be at the show. I really enjoyed the conversations I had with the travelers there. Since that hotel has since been "chosen" to house some of the "homeless" people in the area, the club was either unable or unwilling to recommend the hotel to us folks needing overnight accommodations. This left us all to pick places on our own and likely send us in multiple locations. This eliminated one of the best aspects of the show for me. There were no other Mopar people in the Motel where we stayed so I missed out on that.
The club hosts a cruise on the Friday morning before the show. I always enjoy that. In the Spring 2019 show, they had reached a pinnacle of something like 68 cars involved in the event. This was amazing! It seemed to grow every year but 2015 seemed to kick it up a bit and each Spring seemed to have about 5-6 cars more than the year before.
The cruise starts at the Woodley Park parking lot and follows a route that they print out for those that need the help. Along the way, they stop at a few places to allow stragglers to catch up and to see the sights.
They have traditionally started meeting up at the park around 9:00 and leave around 10:00. I got to the park before 10 but there was no classic cars in the lot. I saw the club President in the park and he told me that they had already left and that they were taking their usual route. I've been on the cruise numerous times since 2011 so I was able to get out in front of the cruisers.
The participants had some nice cars but the turnout wasn't nearly as big as before. Fall usually has a smaller turnout but I really hoped to see 30-40 cars. I didn't count but I estimate something like 17-18 cars showed up. Great people and it was a nice cruise.
The meetup at the Bob's Big Boy in Northridge was Friday night. This is also usually a decent mini-show-n-shine but again, the turnout was not very good. I did enjoy chatting with the few that did show up, I just wish that there were more people with Mopars there.
Show day today was great though. I love the swap meet and this year, the Fall show swap looked to be as big as a Saturday in the Spring usually is. I scored some needed stuff for my "Jigsaw" project Charger and talked with numerous familiar faces. The Fall show seems to attract fewer trailer queens and more real world driver cars. I like the pristine restorations but I relate more to the ones with a few scratches and original parts.
TTI and Gear Vendors chose to skip the show but some of the other usual vendors did have stuff on display for sale.
All in all, I had a great time. I can't blame the club for the lower turnout of the cruise. The weather was nice too. I have been of the mindset that once the shows started up again that there would be a huge turnout due to pent up demand. That may have been the reason for the bigger swap meet. The show car count was down a bit from other Fall shows but there was some rain this morning and that may have discouraged some locals from coming out.

Show car count was up 15% from last 2019 Fall Fling and the past few Fall Flings before it.

IF it hadn’t rained in morning it would ha e been like 1/3 bigger than past Fall Flings.

lots of cars were no-shows.

swap meet count was just a little less than a typical Spring Fling.

Kern Dog,

this was that weird Charger 500 383 N code HiPo, Orange painted motor with pistol grip 4 speed

odd car

B89D0EFE-2310-42A4-9E23-E3FCB2497834.jpeg 9D124ED5-BAB7-4C9B-9DE5-C9785D223A0F.jpeg D1B91D72-A910-47C5-8FE6-BC1745B586A9.jpeg 5BFBD22D-7076-40C2-BDB3-95A0D5D042B6.jpeg 6AF75C14-1E4C-413B-8103-E71721CBCE64.jpeg 3DF7B03C-2F0D-4F88-878E-1F86B34EBA62.jpeg

I did see that Charger. I love the 1970 models and am always on the lookout for them at the shows. Parked on the street was another 70, a super rare "500" model with a XP29C0G VIN....Yeah, a slant six '70 Charger!
The swap was impressive. I was quite happy about that.
I thought I remembered the Fall show count to be a bit more but I default to you on that. I trust your memory more than my own on that.
One sad trend that I am seeing....Fewer Imperials, New Yorkers and big C body cars each year. I like all the classic Mopars so I'll always enjoy these shows but the old timers that own the 50s and 60s Luxury cars are really thinning out.

HA! How funny! That's the guy I hollered at today. No offense to anyone I hope...my eyesight is not too good, haha.
upload_2021-10-23_21-42-23.png

Hey GREG is that you?

I did see that Charger. I love the 1970 models and am always on the lookout for them at the shows. Parked on the street was another 70, a super rare "500" model with a XP29C0G VIN....Yeah, a slant six '70 Charger!
The swap was impressive. I was quite happy about that.
I thought I remembered the Fall show count to be a bit more but I default to you on that. I trust your memory more than my own on that.
One sad trend that I am seeing....Fewer Imperials, New Yorkers and big C body cars each year. I like all the classic Mopars so I'll always enjoy these shows but the old timers that own the 50s and 60s Luxury cars are really thinning out.

I’m going off our numbers counts

I agree with the older cars, but I did seem to see a decent amount of 55-59 cars. Morning rain is not going to help that group’s turnout. And is was raining early.

Yea, there’s alway some odd cars parked around the show too

That is me!
Sorry, I did not hear you. I did run into a few FBBO guys, a few FABO members and a couple other dudes I've met over the years.

Our Sacramento show has seen a drop off of the Imperials and other big cars while the LX Charger, 300, Magnum and Challenger cars are showing up in greater numbers.

That is me!
Sorry, I did not hear you. I did run into a few FBBO guys, a few FABO members and a couple other dudes I've met over the years.
Maybe I sould have said HEY KERN DOG.

Anyway the wife and I had a good time walking around looking at stuff. She loves swapping. Got to get there earlier next time.

Good video. First one. Thanks for linking. Even got a glimpse of Phil Ahh Buster about 40 minutes in.

Cool video taken from the eyes of a swap meet buyer.

a little different than normal

Auto Transport Service
Back