• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan+shroud part numbers for 26" radiator

I read in other instances that you do not really need to make the opening wider, but it's your car.

Just a word of advise i have experienced I was having a cooling issue on my 69 440 AC car i replaced the radiator with a 26 inch max cool Glen Ray radiator and it works grate now. I did find out after going threw everything that a critical thing to check is the water pump and pulley combination wich is critical to water flow. If you have a 6 bladed water pump (AC) then you must run the pulleys for an AC setup they are smaller and turn the pump faster if you run the non AC pulleys on the 6 bladed fan the pump wont move enough water and vise versa if run the 8 bladed pump you need to run the pulley set up for a non AC setup if you run the AC pulleys on the 8 bladed pump you will get less water flow due to the pump runs to fast and cavetates within the hosing moving less water then normal. Just food for thought the pump and pulley combination is just as crucial to the system working properly as everything else.

Just a word of advise i have experienced I was having a cooling issue on my 69 440 AC car i replaced the radiator with a 26 inch max cool Glen Ray radiator and it works grate now. I did find out after going threw everything that a critical thing to check is the water pump and pulley combination wich is critical to water flow. If you have a 6 bladed water pump (AC) then you must run the pulleys for an AC setup they are smaller and turn the pump faster if you run the non AC pulleys on the 6 bladed fan the pump wont move enough water and vise versa if run the 8 bladed pump you need to run the pulley set up for a non AC setup if you run the AC pulleys on the 8 bladed pump you will get less water flow due to the pump runs to fast and cavetates within the hosing moving less water then normal. Just food for thought the pump and pulley combination is just as crucial to the system working properly as everything else.
With some of the stock systems this can be true. However, some of the newer water pump designs address the cavitation issue with cavitation plates and improved impeller fin design. One example of this is Flowkooler. It works very well with both non-A/C and the smaller faster moving A/C pulleys as I know from first hand experience. I've always run a 180F thermostat with both setups.

I also had adequate cooling with my 6-blade Milodon water pump and non-A/C pulley - but not until I went up in size from a 22" to a 26" radiator and added a shroud.

I agree with what you say i was just letting them know my situation and i was not sure if they were using stock or aftermarket i was only detailing OEM setup as that is what i have on my all original GTX. I do know they have made vast improvements with the after market stuff so my experience is very limited with that i am not the person to ask on any of the aftermarket set ups.

My 67 wagon overheats in traffic. Today I took the time to actually LOOK at whats there. It does have the 2 piece shroud but it's been modded due to the radiator the PO put in. Has too much gap to the radiator and the fan really isn't in the hole. I'm going to close those gaps up with some sheetmetal. The PO put in the shorty Hayden clutch for better clearance to the radiator but that makes the fan hang too far back. Plus for some reason, he bent the tips of the blades. I'll look for a fan in Van Nuys next weekend when I head down for the Spring Fling. In the meantime I'll close up those gaps.

IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_4750.jpeg

Last night I realized that the radiator in the wagon is too short. Top of the tank is at the bottom of the upper tie bar. Radiator upgrade time!

Lasy year I had a car with an aftermkt 22inch aluminum radiator. No matter what I did the car ran low 200s all the time. ( Im in Southern AZ )

I bought a new 26inch radiator via ebay , put an nos 2998326 shroud on it. Changed the stat to a hiflow Mr Gasket version.
As well as an NOS mopar 16lb cap. And the car ran in the 180-190 range ALL the time even on 110 degree days. I did NOT cut the radiator opening. Simply drilled 2 small holes and mounted it that way.

Lasy year I had a car with an aftermkt 22inch aluminum radiator. No matter what I did the car ran low 200s all the time. ( Im in Southern AZ )

I bought a new 26inch radiator via ebay , put an nos 2998326 shroud on it. Changed the stat to a hiflow Mr Gasket version.
As well as an NOS mopar 16lb cap. And the car ran in the 180-190 range ALL the time even on 110 degree days. I did NOT cut the radiator opening. Simply drilled 2 small holes and mounted it that way.
that's a win right there. If I had read this post 5 years ago I would not have cut my opening wider when going from a 22" to 26" rad. What water pump and water pump housing?

Auto Transport Service
Back