• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Christmas song

Father Christmas, The Kinks and I believe in Father Christmas, Greg Lake. Guess I like the more cynical ones.

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer :lol:

Mine is, Beach Boys, St. Nick

What's your favorite all time Christmas song?

Mine is John Lennon's Happy Christmas (war is over).

This is my son's favorite as well.
Funny how many people have tried to write a new Christmas song and failed so miserably.
This one the lyrics are not rediculous, and the tune is catchy. Seems like a simple formula but people sure can't do it lol.

Compared to:
In "the meadow" we can build a snow man. We'll pretend that he is Parson Brown. He'll say "Are you married?" we'll say "No man! But you can do the job while your in town."

So in "the meadow" a couple is going to make a snowman to pretend it is an ordained priest so they can get pretend married, by a snowman.
In "the meadow".
How romantic?
Later on they will also build a circus clown snowman. Perhaps it can pretend juggle and pretend get into a tiny car for them.

I have been recently listening to Carrie Underwood sing classic Christmas Caroles on her Sirius channel. What an amazing voice and talent.

I used to have a recording of O Little Town of Bethlehem sung to the arrangement of The House of the Rising Sun. Surprising how weird it sounded. The House of the Rising Sun is one of my favourite songs of the '60's.

:thumbsup:
I used to have a recording of O Little Town of Bethlehem sung to the arrangement of The House of the Rising Sun. Surprising how weird it sounded. The House of the Rising Sun is one of my favourite songs of the '60's.
House of the Rising Sun goes way back with me.....even changed the lyrics....part of that was 'a house in my back yard' and it goes on from there :D It was one of the first songs for me to learn how to play back then.

Fav 1 song - O holy night

Fav album might be the Christmas album by Act of Congress.
The Vince L. trio doing Charlie Brown album is iconic as well.

Christmas music gets on my nerves. It is generally overplayed overproduced and bad. Most contemporary singers try to outdo each other when they should just stay in their genre.
Having said that however I do like the
Dropkick Murphys Christmas song
The season's upon us

After 39 years of working away from home, I'll be home for Christmas was always the one that got to me. Merry Christmas y'all

Auto Transport Service
Back