• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite NHRA Driver All time....

Don’t know, but did anyone meet Doug Doucette alcohol dragster).He is a cousin probably twice removed. Started racing in 1982 I think. At some time he started to get driver’s. His Mom said the reason was (he grew out of the cockpit).
The team has been in the USA a couple of times this

I agree. So many of racer’s under 55 think auto’s were so much better. Only thing is Ronnie had a endless supply of transmissions.
This guy? This was at las Vegas race. Last year I believe. Fun group to talk to.
20211031_100103.jpg

Don Garlits saw him on wide world of sports ( or something similar) in mid 70s. That is the first drag race I ever saw. And it hooked me for life. Al Hoffman was cool. Dodge Boys Darrell & Scott made me proud to be a mopar guy. Arnie Beswick and Animal Jim in Pro Mods. They were the first fast race cars I seen in person about 1990 at Union Grove. Arnie backing up at 70MPH was cool!

Auto Transport Service
Back