• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FBBO Benefit Auction for @moparedtn!

I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Last edited:
Haha, fellas....I don't do (illegal) drugs and I don't even drink anymore....well, if on a
special occasion someone chucks a beer at me, I might still imbibe.... :)

OK, SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!
I have FINALLY finished (I think, anyways) an homage or whatever in my Garage to
honor and thank everyone who was kind enough to help us out.
It ain't much - and I'm no graphic artist for sure - but I wanted something "permanent"
in my Garage section for posterity so that anyone could go see everyone involved in
this whole thing, now or whenever in the future.

I hope I did everyone justice with this - it took me longer than it should have.
I bet a young person would have whipped it out in a couple hours, but...
I also pray I didn't forget anyone, misspell any names or otherwise bonehead the thing -
but if I did, PLEASE tell me ASAP so I can fix it!

Again, God bless all of you and without further ado, the Garage entry to all my FBBO Heroes!:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showcase/all-my-fbbo-heroes.5457/

Hello to anyone who may still be following this thread - or anyone who accidentally
stumbles over it in the future. :)
Just a quick update on my situation now re: employment for anyone interested:
I've been at my new gig for about a month and a half now and I'm SO grateful to have it.
Things seem to be going well, but you know I'm going to be paranoid for a while, too...
All the feedback I'm getting is that I don't have to worry about such things, though.

I've gotten this opportunity to do what I've always done in this profession - one last time -
and recently have found myself at some of the old haunts (customer locations) that I hadn't
seen in a couple years...and man, trust me when I say it wasn't lost on me how close I came
to never being able to do so again.

Talk about flashbacks - over and over again, I'm being reminded of just how fortunate I am
and perhaps how much I had taken such things for granted in years past.
Well, I can guarantee that won't be happening anymore. :thumbsup:

So....short of some financial tap-dancing here, credit line reductions there and the usual patter
when someone gets in the kind of bind we were in, all remains well and - here's the important part -
hopeful and optimistic here.
I don't see how anyone can get through this life without that sort of thing, I really don't.
I sure couldn't - there HAS to be a reason to believe things can always get better, at least for me.
Thanks to YOU ALL, I have that again - and it won't ever be taken for granted here. :luvplace:
Knock wood, I've found my last place of employment in this life - and I hope that means for several
years to come.

Well I can understand how you feel, never being in that situation before. I've been in it several times throughout my life and when I look back on it now, it was all done for a reason. Call them stepping stones in life. The down times can lead you to better times if you give it a chance.

Great to hear it's working out! Tell the Mrs we said hi. I'm sure she deserves lot's of credit for sticking by you :)

Well I can understand how you feel, never being in that situation before. I've been in it several times throughout my life and when I look back on it now, it was all done for a reason. Call them stepping stones in life. The down times can lead you to better times if you give it a chance.

Great to hear it's working out! Tell the Mrs we said hi. I'm sure she deserves lot's of credit for sticking by you :)
If you mean "I guaran-dam-tee Ed was no picnic to live with during all that; she deserves a MEDAL!" then yeah,
I agree my friend. :)
I keep getting drawn back to that simplest of of sayings: "The Lord will provide"...

I go out on the retaining wall next to the garage every evening with Sasha and as she does her business
I say thanks to Him, always started with the caveat "I have no idea why I am worth the effort, but..."
It ain't a bad gig. :thumbsup:

Ed Im so glad for you two that things are turning the corner. May the Lord bless you and your wife. Dave

Ed I am glad things worked out. I always believe things happen for a reason. Love your stories and hope to meet you sometime. All the best Tom and Sarah

Congrats on the new gig!
Well done on the job Ed. Its great you have a new gig and hopefully now you can get back into normal life and enjoy it. :thumbsup:
Ed Im so glad for you two that things are turning the corner. May the Lord bless you and your wife. Dave
Ed I am glad things worked out. I always believe things happen for a reason. Love your stories and hope to meet you sometime. All the best Tom and Sarah
So happy for you & the Mrs. & Fred!
Thank you all VERY much. :)
I guess if ever the phrase "guardedly optimistic" applied anywhere, it sure does in my case as it stands right now.
It still feels a bit alien to me, this new thing - I don't report to an office and I've met more co-workers via Zoom
than actually in person, for example.

They're also adamant that I don't "have" to do any of the actual work (I've always been used to doing ALL the
jobs involved, from selling to performing the work to doing all the paperwork/invoicing, all that jazz).
What they don't realize (and what I'm gently trying to impress upon them) is that I NEED to do the testing,
inspecting, repairing sometimes - if not only to get my arse out of the chair, but to actually get some longtime
customers to sign up with me again at this company (they insist on seeing me! Go figure.).

It's always interesting to see how different places (this company is 75 years old and I'd call it a "semi-corporate"
entity) do what I do. I've worked for real small to largest in the world; it's my definite opinion that corporations
don't lend themselves well to what I do.
It's really hard to remote control something that is so very localized in regulations, Codes and the like - but some
of them do try anyways. :)

What it all boils down to is - I am being allowed to once again do what I've always done, the only thing I'm worth
anything to anyone TO do - and I'm being paid NOT to commute to an office to boot.
Probably couldn't ask for much more than that - and probably couldn't do much else than that at this point, given
my health and age.
Every time I get skittish about my success in recruiting customers or my "numbers", my supervisor gently reminds
me that I'm the first of my kind at this multi-location company, the first time they've ever tried this position.
I call it being a "hired gun" but he reassures me I'm not being scrutinized as normally would be the case -
that I should get used to being here until it's time to retire, because they don't hire and fire much at all.
Still - I KNOW the numbers. I know how the business works - and I'm sure of what I need to do to justify my
gig, so self-flogging is assured. :)

It's weird being out here by myself - but it's good to be back in the saddle, regardless of what horse I'm riding.
God bless all of you and THANKS!!
Ed

I received my Road Runner front plate from @Paul Wilson yesterday.

What a work of art! I have had some challenges with my father in the hospital, but I quickly bolted the plate on the car in the garage. I'll have to clean and detail the car and get a picture of it later in a more picturesque setting, but hopefully this can suffice for now. Oh, and what a gentleman Paul is - a top notch guy!

Thank you Paul!!!

Hawk

20201122_214153.jpg

I received my Road Runner front plate from @Paul Wilson yesterday.

What a work of art! I have had some challenges with my father in the hospital, but I quickly bolted the plate on the car in the garage. I'll have to clean and detail the car and get a picture of it later in a more picturesque setting, but hopefully this can suffice for now. Oh, and what a gentleman Paul is - a top notch guy!

Thank you Paul!!!

Hawk

View attachment 1030440
That's awesome! How about a close-up shot?
Yeah, I'm greedy like that. :)

That's awesome! How about a close-up shot?
Yeah, I'm greedy like that. :)
What, don't like the looks of my car?!?:eek:
OK, greedy Ed ( :) ), now I TOLD you the car wasn't clean and detailed, but the plate is awesome. So just for you, here is a closeup shot. :D
20201123_101620.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back