• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fender stamps

paul1969cars

Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Hi

I understand that during the assembly line marking stages some stamps happened in the engine bay area

I believe one stamp is 33 OK and the other is 4F OK.

I belive they go on the fenders. Anyone have picture of where they go and what color paint was used

The inspection marks you are referring to were used at the Lynch Road plant. In 1969 there was a "Paint OK" inspector stamp placed on the right fender tab connecting to the yoke.

The "4F" inspector stamp was located in the glove box.

The most used colors for the stamps are orange or yellow. Examples attached. I hope this helps answer your question.

D

EXTRA: If you are a member of the A12 Playground there is a detail thread there with the inspection marks used in 1969 at Lynch Road.

69_LR_279720_RS23_E86_PAINT STAMP.jpg

4R_OK.jpg

The inspection marks you are referring to were used at the Lynch Road plant. In 1969 there was a "Paint OK" inspector stamp placed on the right fender tab connecting to the yoke.

The "4F" inspector stamp was located in the glove box.

The most used colors for the stamps are orange or yellow. Examples attached. I hope this helps answer your question.

D

EXTRA: If you are a member of the A12 Playground there is a detail thread there with the inspection marks used in 1969 at Lynch Road.

View attachment 1459764

View attachment 1459765
Hi

Thanks this is helpful. Were these stamps only used on cars from Lynch Road Plant? My cars were built at St. Louis. Plant. Did they use these stamps at St. Louis Plant as well?
Also my car is orange in color. What color would the stamp be, becuase you would not see it clearly it its orange in color.. Thanks

Every plant had different ways of verifying/marking an inspection process. The inspection marks being discussed were not used at St Louis.

D

Auto Transport Service
Back