• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender tag decode help

Mr Belvedere 30144

Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys can I get some help on my fender tag decode. I realize i have a 383 4 speed with seat belts and originally blue. My question is on the trim.
the TRM is H4B. the H is for Bench seat but I read that the 4 is vinyl bucket seat? What is the deal here?
IMG_1789.jpg

could be either one according to my book...the "B" is blue interior

H is the trim level....4 is the seat style

Yes and the trim level I find on the site i referenced says for H "High grade trim bench". Then 4 is "vinyl bucket seats" the B is "blue". I guess the site is wrong on the 4. Per their site mine should say H5B, the 5 being vinyl bench seat 2 door sedan and 4 door sedan and HT.
I read on other sites that H4B is vinyl bench blue but none break down the H4B except the one I linked too and it has to be wrong... correct?
I emailed the person running this site and let him know I think he has some wrong info posted and asked him to explain the contradiction of H and 4.

if you got "H" (high) trim level, then you got bench seat. If you got "P" (premium) trim level, then you got bucket seats

again, the "4" is the same for both style seats. It depends on what trim level you got on the car.

according to my info here

Wing you are correct. The guy from the link I provided answered me back and admitted he made a mistake and the "4" just means vinyl for either bucket or bench. Go figure the internet has wrong info!!!???
Thanks very much! This site is the best!!

Auto Transport Service
Back