• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender tag on eBay WP ?

PeteBell68

Local time
9:15 PM
Reaction score
Sorry here is the page

IMG_0240.JPG

Last edited:
I agree ,we all cant afford a hemi. Hope to find one for my Bee

What are the odds of finding a fender tag that matched a car one might have? It either fits the car or it does not.
In 69 the vin was on the tag making it matching only for one car. Good luck matching a 68 tag to a car it didn't come on.:rolleyes:
Having one made to order (to match the car) is the only practical way to ---feed the need.
Trying to sell an old tag is a joke being played by (at least) a newbie to -the like- or a scammer want to be. IMO it will always be a mess without a payoff for the effort.

Last edited:
The only value to a garden variety car like that is in the historical research value to guys like me.

I encourage everyone that gets a chance to save the tag, broadcast sheet or factory documentation from cars that are parted out to do so. At the very least, get a picture.

Each piece of documentation is just one piece of a really large puzzle. When you compile all the data, you do see the larger picture on how Chrysler and the various factories built cars.

One thing I would like to add on this.---At least the seller had a buy it now price of only $40 and it's conceivable that a collector might go that high. I'm thinking along the line of license plate collectors or stamp or coin collectors.
Collecting history is one thing but this does get close to misleading future buyers for a car that they may end up in.

Posted it only to show it , maybe it matches someone's car or not . At 40 bucks I thought maybe I'll screw it to wall that's all .
If I was missing a tag and mine came up wouldn't that be amazing ..

If you can find these two,you can have the tags but I know that will never happen !!:poke:
Picture 553.jpg

70 SE-001.jpg

See I started a crazy feed where who ever has tags will post them . I see a long lost Hemi charger tag getting posted - lmao

Who would give a crap about a 1968 Coronet 500 fender tag? The car is probably long gone and if it isn't, it's still just a base model Coronet.
because the coronet 500 is rubbish? I like it, it has the same R / T fittings but the economic engine.

Some people collect tags.

I agree with 69coronetrt on the historical part.

I have a few tags from some parts cars and JY cars with odd options.

No, it not a "base" model. It's a WP "500" model.

We should start a thread on fender tags.Post up pics of tags you have without an owner and see if anyone here is the owner.Provide a copy of the title or pic of the vin.You never know when someone might find theirs.
Dumbasses screwed them on and everyone owns a screwdriver.Must of been too tempting not to unscrew as they always seem to be missing or in a box of parts.

I use the "Lost and Found" forum for that.

would that be a 68 hemi charger?

Auto Transport Service
Back