• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Tag

KB9GIB

Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
Hello from southern Illinois, Was at the Moparty today at bowling Green KY. good show. I was talking to a gentleman today about his GTX we was talking about fender tags I quest I been wrong for years but I thought the build date say A16 is October would be a early build car and a 912 would be a late build car? He said he thought a 912 would be a early build car ?unless I just wasn’t following him so on a 1969 car would have been built in 68 A Oct/B Nov/C Dec/ then 1-9 is the month’s car build in 69? nine being the latest a car was built in that year? He tried telling me but I just didn’t follow him. He was a nice guy with a nice GTX. Thanks Kb9gib

Production started in August for new model years so 8 and 9 are new year. My Charger SPD is 901 but was built in August. You will find Pilot/show cars with an 801 SPD. July is was pretty much the end of the previous year.

Production started in August for new model years so 8 and 9 are new year. My Charger SPD is 901 but was built in August. You will find Pilot/show cars with an 801 SPD. July is was pretty much the end of the previous year.
So I found this so is ABC build 69 cars built in 68 if EPD is A,B,C, then 1-9 cars was built in 69? I appreciate your information on this. Thanks Kb9gib

3F5316ED-F51F-47E8-8106-13CEA008EC5E.png

8, 9, A-C are cars built in 68 for the 69 model year. 1-7 are 69 model year cars built in 69. Then 8 of 69 starts the 70 model year. Make sense?

So I found this so is ABC build 69 cars built in 68 if EPD is A,B,C, then 1-9 cars was built in 69? I appreciate your information on this. Thanks Kb9gib

View attachment 1344227
Ok thanks I just thought the 1st start of production started in October. I appreciate the clarification on this. I thank you. Kb9gib

Ok thanks I just thought the 1st start of production started in October. I appreciate the clarification on this. I thank you. Kb9gib
Date letter designations began in October, so there would not be 4 character dates, such as 1001,etc. But it did not coincide with the production start of new models, that started about 2 months prior.

Auto Transport Service
Back