• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiberglass hood for 66 dodge

696pack

Local time
9:39 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a GOOD fiberglass hood for a 66 Dodge B body? I have a scoop but don't want to put it on my original steel hood.

I've been looking for a complete fiberglass R/O hood for my 67 Belvedere with no luck... just can't brng myself to cut up my steel hood either.

It's a bit messy but you can fairly easily make your own fiberglass hood. Quite fun and doesn't cost much...but messy... :)

Try Unlimited Fiberglass I pulled up their site recently, They listed a lot of glass parts for the 66-67 b-bodies!

I have a 1 piece fiberglass hood for my 67 belvedere with the R/O scoop integrated into it. It's a nice looking piece that has all the factory hood mounting points integrated into it and has the underhood brace also made in fiberglass. I bought off of a member here (383MovingViolation). He may be able to point you to where he bought the hood.

A member over at 66-67 Charger site has a Sled City scoop, very well made. Not sure if Sled City makes a complete hood with scoop or not. The owner of Sled City posts here maybe he'll pop in.

I have an Unlimited Products glass hood on my 66 Belvedere and it's a pile. I bought it over 10 years ago and hopefully, they are better now? It's very light but very flimsy and the finish sucks. I would have to see what their present products look like in person before buying anything else from them. They have also had a lousy history for poor quality....

My WS Racing scoop was a pile of garbage. I would use a Sled City or AAR.

This is "Sled City" aka "Glassman". We make the 66-67 Coronet lift off hoods and the 66-67 Belvedere lift off hoods. We are also makeing the R-O bolt on scoops on a daily basis. Please pm me or go to the Sled City web site. Thanks for the chance to be part of your projects. We only do parts to use on Mopars.

- - - Updated - - -

This is "Sled City" aka "Glassman". We make the 66-67 Coronet lift off hoods and the 66-67 Belvedere lift off hoods. We are also makeing the R-O bolt on scoops on a daily basis. Please pm me or go to the Sled City web site. Thanks for the chance to be part of your projects. We only do parts to use on Mopars.

- - - Updated - - -

Steel hoods are kinda easy to find.

I have an extra (even in the same factory color) that I'm planning on putting an "A body" scoop on, because I think the lines are complimentary.

I've had the opportunity to buy at least three more.

They made lots of 66 and 67 Coronets and Chargers.

I paid $30 for mine, but they're usually around $50-75.

I'm pretty sure the fiberglass ones are a few hundred.

Glassman,
I have been to your site and there is very little info about the 66-67 Dodge B body hood. No price, no pictures, no info regarding race weight or heavier, underhood bracing, etc. Do you have any of this info?

We kinda keep it simple on the site. If you pm me I will give you all the info, but here on this site I really can't give you that really good info that you need, because of the agreement that we all agree to when we sign onto this site. As for a picture, my hoods are all lift offs and of course they look just like your steel hood. Weight is around 14-16 pounds and we only make one weight, unless someone wants a heavier or lighter piece. We have under hood bracing , and it does not look like the original bracing that can be o- so heavy. I have sold a lot of these hoods with ZERO complaints.

Auto Transport Service
Back