• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fiberglass hood

Frankb

Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking to install a fiberglass hood on my 68. I need extra space for the intake I'm running. Looking for a manufacturer recommendation.
Frank

VFN Fiberglass. Addison Il. 630-543-0232

Glasstek Inc. Naperville Il. 630-978-9897

See this ... this is my VFN hood. See those holes for the hood latches ... they're all 3/4" of an inch off. You can't move them (without a LOT of trouble) because the nuts are 'glassed in from the back. When I contacted VFN their response was "you can adjust the grill support". NOT ON A MOPAR YOU CAN'T !!

And they botched the front corners on both sides - the profile doesn't match the fenders.

AND ... for a "hinged" hood - not a whole lot of underside support structure !!

Maybe Glasstek are better !!

IMG_5074.JPG

IMG_1164 (2019_04_20 17_13_03 UTC).JPG

Sled city fiberglass

VFN Fiberglass. Addison Il. 630-543-0232

Glasstek Inc. Naperville Il. 630-978-9897
That is great....do you guys have experience with their products?
I'd like to get a hood for my '70 Charger, a none year only model with less than half the cars built compared to the 1969 year model.
FBBO member @Derwud bought one for his '70 years ago. He mentioned the brand but I forgot.
Hey Daryl, how about chiming in here?

On that VFN hood, The 68 Roadrunner and GTX had two hoods, early and late with those holes
in different places and two different grill supports! After that they were all the same.
300-1468-A_Latch.jpg

On that VFN hood, The 68 Roadrunner and GTX had two hoods, early and late with those holes
in different places and two different grill supports! After that they were all the same.
Well **** !! I'll have to measure mine. Sure wish I'd known this a few months back.

Its too late to change grill supports and we already drilled holes for hood pins (which I really didn't want to do), and I've drill out the glassed in nuts hoping I can put new ones in the correct spots. ****, ****, **** !!

There are posts about this problem. Sometimes it's hard to find what you're looking for!

Auto Transport Service
Back