• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiberglass molds 71-72 satellite/roadrunner

Moparmatt72

Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
I posted a thread over in the model year thread just thought I put it here as well since it's more of a racer things.
I wrote to usbody source about doing more fiberglass for these cars since the place in Canada is a shaddy from reviews, but I've wrote usbody about fenders, and bumpers for these cars, only thing is they are in Florida and I'm in Cali, once I talk with their tech on the 11th of this month they will be needling a car for the molds, not sure what deal they will make for using the car. I would just need your info so that they can call you and set up times to have you bring the car in for the molds. They already have hoods, doors and a trunk. I know we would need the other rear bumper depending on the model someone offers, but I was going to suggest that they leave the front fenders blank so that either body and use and just cut the desired holes put for the side markers.

Thanks
Matt

Last edited:
Its showcar-body parts has some really bad reviews wrong parts sent, guess the guy has been know to take months to make, some say you send his personal bank account the money. Not sure I was going to go through them for the rest of my fiberglass parts but got worried. Do you know anything about this company or person. If hes cool then great, I know everyone has bad reviews no one perfect. I just thought it would be good to have more companies making stuff. Hope I didn't affend anyone not trying to start anything.

No worries! No offense taken. I was just wondering what the place was. I've seen their website before, but I don't know anything about them.

You can search reviews on the place. Im really just want more companies to make thing for our cars, not to much is made.

So no volunteers for parts if I get them to make the parts? Just need fenders bumpers and front avalanche if they do a wrap a round. I would do it but I'm in California and I sold off my parts already else I'd do it. If its not perfect condition no problem they can shave smooth for the molds.

No one wants to offer their car parts for this or car for a bit? I want to call them this week but I'd like to give them a number to call to arrange the use of the parts needed, again it's for front fenders, valance, bumpers , even header panel if they do a wrap around. Please someone it's a great opportunity for these cars to have these fiberglass pieces available.

Seems nobody is interested...

I don't have any of them parts, for a 71-72...

I haven't owned one of those years of RR, Satty, Sebring, GTX for nearly a decade now...

I'm in Calif. too, I called a few of my buddies, none of them are willing to sell or have those front clip parts in fiberglass either...

I know money is a big driving factor for this type stuff, especially producing/mfgr-ing these parts, you need a market to actually sell to...

If you want it bad enough, then maybe buy some fenders, hood, valance, bumpers etc, what ever they don't already have,
from a swap meet, you have a ton of them in LA & Pomona area, all the time,
or a wrecking yard {probably fat chance there}, private party, whom ever & ship the parts to them...

sounds like a noble attempt to get some parts produced anyway... If there's a will there's a way...

Or just keep trying to find someone to help you out...

Try maybe posting it in B-Body Parts Wanted Forum & General Discussion Forum too
& maybe over at , www.69roadrunner.net , another of Joeys forums, albeit not as active as FBBO or FABO

Thanks Budnicks. I might just have to go that route, didn't want to, I'm shooting myself in thr foot for selling all those piece a while back but that's what I get for not doing my homework.

I'd suggest try to talk to the guys down at Unlimited Fiberglass Products,
if you find the necessary body parts to have plugs made from...

But the last parts for my 68 RR I got from them {UFP} were/are crap,
bad quality control,
crooked as hell cuts out of the molds,
bottom side of both bumpers looks like a snake or a 3 y/o cut them out,
But the laying up of the glass is fine, consistent & looks great, smooth gelcoat surface
& all of the issues, it's nothing that can't be fixed either,
I just wasn't thinking,
I'd have to do a bunch more work, just to clean up & straighten all the cuts,
make them presentable, before paint & to be able to mount my blinkers/driving light too,
they didn't leave any of the edges/90* lips on that part of the front bumper either...

It's Not hardly worth the cost of shipping back & forth, for them to have to fix the stuff,
I could almost buy 2 more bumper from someone else, for what the shipping would cost
& I'm here in Calif., or just fix what I got from them...

{Fiberglass Trends use to be down that way too, I use to use allot of their stuff many years ago, had a few Altered Bodies & some other race car parts, mostly Brand X stuff, I think they are into the "ricer burner - tuner" street jockey crap now}

It sucks & I know how to do fiberglass, I wasn't planning on having to do anywhere near as much, as I will have to now...

But Unlimited Fiberglass Products are not the quality they use to be "at all",
bad help &/or no attention to detail, kind of slow to ship etc.,
IMHFO there's no excuses for letting inferior crap/product go out the door...
Maybe they've cleaned up their act, a little more by now & if you go in there & talk to them personally,
I talked to the owner & shop foreman {seems IIRC Kurt was the owner/foreman, I talked too, don't quote me on name, I'm going off memory}
maybe the product will be better now, especially if you can see it in various stages of production, give your input...

Good luck

Thanks, I've heard that usbody has good stuff, I have their doors for my car just haven't bolted them up yet doe to doing everything else to the car, plus need to get the door kit from s&w race cars

I haven't used any of the Race weight stuff from US Body Source,
but had one of their heavy/street weight hoods on my old 99 Dakota R/T,
they supposedly have great customer service/write ups too,
my only gripe was the shipping costs from Fla. to Cali. gets pricey

- - - Updated - - -

Used allot of Hairy Glass stuff on racecars, I don't think they offer anything for 71-72's

VFN & AAR are both great, but I doubt they make anything for 71-72's

Yea the freight wasn't that cheap for the doors. I'll look at those site, everything would work if I had a 70 and older satellite / roadrunner that fiberglass stuff is all over the place. VFN and AAR don't have anything looked at them already.

I realize this in an older thread but I would like to see someone make these fenders for the 71 and 72 Satellite-Roadrunners.
I have a set of 71 fenders that need some work still and have considered trying to make molds myself.

Are others out there interested and-or have the skills near the Coast of Washington state?

Only place I know thats willing to make them is down in florida US body source. Sorry for the latenresponce

Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it myself before its time to paint my cars. I'd like to try making a molds for both fenders and the entire front clip. Thanks for the response.

Wow awesome. If you do and willing to make me a set I'd buy a front clip from you.

It's all good my friend, that cars on hold for now away working on my wife's 67 dart GT

Auto Transport Service
Back