• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

With Stinger Fiberglass now seemingly gone, what company makes the best glass hoods?

fullmetaljacket

Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
Asking for a friend who has a 1971 Demon. AAR/Stinger fiberglass was making some really good quality hoods, fenders and doors just recently but has since temporarily closed their product orders. Who now is the quality stand in making good glass pieces?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Sled city fiberglass
Haven't seen Larry on here in quite some time now and his web site has been 'suspended' when I try to click on it. His Facebook account is still up but can't tell if any of the posts are from Larry.....

Glasstec is who I have worked with good people and great product.

The quality of the product is very nice as I got fenders, hood and bumpers all parts fitted well and very little clean up as all parts were shipped with care.

Yes Glasstec. If I correctly remember now, I believe Stinger morphed into AAR. I'll have to look.

Yes Stinger and AAR became the same shop a few years back.

Glasstek in Illinois or AAR/Stinger in Florida are the only two I would use myself, or recommend to anyone else. Good experiences and products with both but get your wallet out!

Glasstek in Illinois or AAR/Stinger in Florida are the only two I would use myself, or recommend to anyone else. Good experiences and products with both but get your wallet out!
There used to be VFN fiberglass down the road from me, but don't know if they are still in business or maybe got bought up by Glasstek??

There used to be VFN fiberglass down the road from me, but don't know if they are still in business or maybe got bought up by Glasstek??
They're still around too but I've never used them.

VFN, About 5 years ago I ordered a 65 Hemi 5'' hood scoop from them. Quality was real good.

Stinger and AAR are not taking any orders as we speak. There is a freeze on their products and are waiting on further notice for some reason. I saw their stuff first hand at Carlisle and will say that I was impressed.

Must be nice to have so much business that you can freeze the product line. Or maybe on freeze because materials are to expensive. Either way they should tell us what's going on. Is the freeze for 6 months or 2 weeks. Just my thought outload.

Haven't seen Larry on here in quite some time now and his web site has been 'suspended' when I try to click on it. His Facebook account is still up but can't tell if any of the posts are from Larry.....
He's on Facebook.

He's on Facebook.
Yup, lots of posts are from 'Sled City' which should be Larry plus someone mentioned the phone number doesn't work but I just called and it does. He said the site has been shut down for over a year and most of his business is from Facebook and not the site.

Stinger and AAR are not taking any orders as we speak. There is a freeze on their products and are waiting on further notice for some reason. I saw their stuff first hand at Carlisle and will say that I was impressed.
Well that's interesting, thanks for the info....

I used Stinger, now AAR for my Shaker pieces and then cut them all up to make my Super Shaker on my Challenger.

20180220_191817 (002).jpg

20180331_154502 (002).jpg

20180627_222915.jpg

20180627_222831.jpg

20200426_224158.jpg

123_1(2).jpeg

Yup, lots of posts are from 'Sled City' which should be Larry plus someone mentioned the phone number doesn't work but I just called and it does. He said the site has been shut down for over a year and most of his business is from Facebook and not the site.
He's the only person I'd buy any fiberglass parts from. No one else has a warranty against blow offs and other issues that might happen.

i've been researching lately for a Hemi style glass hood for my 68 Dart. The Coronet has the 6-pak hood from AAR but they're not taking orders anymore. In my searches, GlassTek gets the best reviews. I contacted VFN but they don't make/sell Hemi hoods (only the scoop) so I passed on them.
The other one is Unlimited Products. They have the lowest prices but they get poor reviews, do a search on FABO.

Auto Transport Service
Back