• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally a B body owner.

Moparkrazed

Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys! I just purchased a 1971 dodge charger. Car has been sitting in the woods since 1987. I thought for sure the floors would be rotted out but only has 3 or so dime size holes. One hole in the trunk and lower quarters obviously. Going to have the car towed home in two weeks. I have a lot of work ahead of me. Guy I’m buying the car from has a trunk lid behind his house so I’ll grab that. No title so I’m having to go through Vermont to get car registered then transfer to South Carolina.

3229723E-7E58-403A-B216-21D1748AC35E.jpeg

51B4A17E-BF8E-4392-9E50-75CF82B7F798.jpeg

134CDADC-8082-408B-8994-AFAA151E4922.jpeg

8788CA9C-94FC-4FCD-B951-9428F2A7E6F1.jpeg

3C30D562-69E3-438C-B0F7-9B99E8B0631F.jpeg

405005A6-CBDC-44CF-9742-E3E6A5AB97AF.jpeg

Welcome from Illinois and congrats on your find!! Now THAT is a project!

Welcome from Illinois and congrats on your find!! Now THAT is a project!
Thanks 65bel. Definitely a project but for $800 bucks I can’t complain haha. It’ll be fun working on this with my son. He’s inheriting my dart and my daughter wants my 66 valiant. We will be making A LOT of memories lol.

A pressure wash I'm guessing is the first order of business. Does it still have its engine? Trans? That may or may not dictate your direction. But make no mistake about it. It will be yours and son's car.

Good luck. And good hunting.

A pressure wash I'm guessing is the first order of business. Does it still have its engine? Trans? That may or may not dictate your direction. But make no mistake about it. It will be yours and son's car.

Good luck. And good hunting.
Thanks co. It does have motor but no trans. Just a normal run of the mill 318. He helped me some on my dart when he was 4. My daughters helping on the valiant. First order of business is a bath… maybe a few baths lol. It’s going to be a fun project. As soon as the titles in my name the fun will begin. Thinking about going with steel wheels and dog pan hubcaps. Paint it either blue or green with power bulge hood. Still going back and forth on motor but going to convert to 5 speed manual. I’m sure I’ll be driving members here crazy with questions soon haha.

Thanks co. It does have motor but no trans. Just a normal run of the mill 318. He helped me some on my dart when he was 4. My daughters helping on the valiant. First order of business is a bath… maybe a few baths lol. It’s going to be a fun project. As soon as the titles in my name the fun will begin. Thinking about going with steel wheels and dog pan hubcaps. Paint it either blue or green with power bulge hood. Still going back and forth on motor but going to convert to 5 speed manual. I’m sure I’ll be driving members here crazy with questions soon haha.
I don't have your sensibility. I have too much Tim Allen "You know, it just needs alittle more power?) But love the manual transmission thoughts.

Keep the pics coming. Even after a good wash. Its surprising the change just from that.

Your car is truly a blank canvas. And should be an adventure.

Last edited:
I don't have your sensibility. I have too much Tim Allen "You know, it just needs alittle more power?) But love the manual transmission thoughts.

Keep the pics coming. Even after a good wash. Its surprising the change just from that.

Your car is truly a blank canvas. And should be an adventure.
I unfortunately struggle with the same thing lol. I know the 318 is coming out ( it’s trashed anyways) but unsure on motor yet. I have a hard time stopping and tell myself “ well if you’re going with this motor you could next one up) and so on and so forth lol. 5 speed should be fun.

I unfortunately struggle with the same thing lol. I know the 318 is coming out ( it’s trashed anyways) but unsure on motor yet. I have a hard time stopping and tell myself “ well if you’re going with this motor you could next one up) and so on and so forth lol. 5 speed should be fun.
Check out GTX JOHN here in A&B bodies only. He is getting out of the build game and selling decades of engine combos. I believe still has a couple nice new parts 340 short blocks going for what I believe is very reasonable.

I know engine is farther down the road. But a deal that can't be refused?

Last edited:
Welcome from the left coast. Cleanup on that should only be a 30 minute job.:lol:

Check out GTX JOHN here in A&B bodies only. He is getting out of the build game and selling decades of engine combos. I believe still has a couple nice new parts 340 short blocks going for what I believe is very reasonable.

I know engine is farther down the road. But a deal that can't be refused?
Thanks for the info! I’ll check him out. I appreciate you letting me man.

welcome to FBBO cool project keep us posted
Thanks Mr. B. I’ll definitely keep the updates coming. It will be slow moving
I have to get the car in my name then to hunt down a set of steel rims.
sorry for all the replies. The site keeps locking up on me haha. Thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back