• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally getting my...

I think you both will benefit.So are you home for good now?Welcome back.
Yes and todays date is the 30th of Jun and my 70RR has arrived since the 25th. I started my restoration thread titled Roadbird's 1970 Roadrunner restoration project. Check it out, I tried to post some pics of the arrival of the car but was having problems trying to load from photobucket. Still to big and made the adjustment but just doesn't want to post.

Visit Irfanview.com and download the free image viewer, almost everyone uses it. It will easily resize your pictures to any size and jpeg compression ratio you desire.

Then we can look at some sharper pictures of your car :)

-=Photon440=-

I'll try it tomorrow after I return from work. Need to go to bed. Did some work on my RR today and I'm tired and I got to get up early and be in by 0630 in the morning.

Check this out.

Attachments

• Here she comes 088 (640x480).jpg
    Here she comes 088 (640x480).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 270
More Tools.

Bought these for $100. I guess the irfanview didn't load the selected pics?

Attachments

• Grosberg_24.png
    Grosberg_24.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Grosberg_24.txt
    64 bytes · Views: 154
  • Samuel_16.png
    Samuel_16.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 221
  • Samuel_16.txt
    83 bytes · Views: 113
looks like a fun project. keep us posted.

i bought the eastwood 135 mig as well. i watched some youtube videos on how to mig weld before i fired it up since i never welded before. i pulled off some some home projects with it and it worked well.

watermelon

That looks pretty big Roadbird.. going by the picture on the box there, Good deal you sure are prepared on this project..
thumbs.gif

RB how does that fasten to the ground so in high winds or snow load that it doesnt move or collapse under load, saw one last winter a guy bought that under high winds moved it into another yard damage his rv .:eusa_think:

RB how does that fasten to the ground so in high winds or snow load that it doesnt move or collapse under load, saw one last winter a guy bought that under high winds moved it into another yard damage his rv .:eusa_think:

Well in Guam I normally cut the number of #3 or #4 rebar at 2 feet long at least and pound it into the ground next to the legs supporting the structure and secure it with alot of duct tape and rebar tie wire. Able to withstand Typhoon winds up to 150mph. With that kind of wind the tarp will rip before the whole structure takes flight...LOL. I've seen alot of people set up different types of canopies without securing their bases to something solid and permanent or at least semi permanent and seen the damage it incurs and believe me it's not pretty. Not going to happen with me and thats all I have to say about that. For the snow on top of the structure place at least 8" wide strips of plywood under the tarp secure the strips of plywood with tie wire again where the roof frame intersects with the strips of plywood so when the snow does fall and builds up on top of the structure the weight of it will push downward on the supporting legs of the structure. If more snowfall is expected to about 22" of snowfall you might want to reinforce the legs with 2x4 the same height as your legs.

Welcome home & good luck with the 70 RR rustoration, I'm on #13 68-71's RR mostly 68-69's myself, I know it's a real sickness, I have, but most weren't full restorations either, we have some pretty good "mostly" rust free cars out here "sometimes" in Calif....

Newly installed and ready for use.

Just had my 230V Air compressor outlet installed and running sounds really quiet, Here some pics.

Attachments

• photo (42).JPG
    photo (42).JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 144
  • photo (43).JPG
    photo (43).JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 145
If I can offer some input on your photos. If on your computer you have Microsoft Office installed, there is a program in there that will resize your photos for you with a few clicks on the mouse.

It is called Microsoft picture manager. I use it all the time and it is pretty easy to use.
Under the menu across the top there is a selection called picture, under that is resize.
Like this example.

picture resize.JPG
l
BUT if you do not have Office installed, please send me a pm with your address and I will
take care of that for you. Good to have you home safely and a warm thanks for your time
serving our country.

Matt

My new Eastwood equipment pics. The system says photo is to large? It's just a SAMSUNG PL200. Small digital camera. How can it be to large?

Auto Transport Service
Back