• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got me a 69' Charger!!!

Wow Outstanding work, shes really taking shape.. Looking great! Good luck

'green'--kinda hate to burst your bubble(and I'm surprised no one else caught it) if your rear-end has a cover on the back AND it's a real '69 it's not an 8-1/4---has to be a Dana 60...Lucky you. Let us know. ( or it's a 7" something-can't remember,been too long)LOL

Oldbee, the car had a 8 1/4" they have a cover unlike a 8 3/4 I had bought a Dana 60 but sold it since I am just building a mild 440 and and found a 8 3/4 out of a 1970 Charger.

wow...coming along nicely......if i had one wish it would be that i could do body work like that..i just cant do it.....you should be commended for the work your doing to that car.....i vote for plum crazy paint though. nice work !

'green'--kinda hate to burst your bubble(and I'm surprised no one else caught it) if your rear-end has a cover on the back AND it's a real '69 it's not an 8-1/4---has to be a Dana 60...Lucky you. Let us know. ( or it's a 7" something-can't remember,been too long)LOL

did they put danas in a 318 car?....i dont think they did but i could be wrong or it could be a factory mistake.....for your sake i hope it is! BONUSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Read what I wrote twice, the car came from the factory with a 8 1/4 rear axle (has a rear cover). I had bought a Dana 60 but it was going to be too much as I only plan on building a mild 440 so I bought a 8 3/4, The factory never put a Dana 60 in any 318 car. Car will be painted 1975 Corvette flame red as it will be a General Lee and that is the color that was used on the cars in the show. The only other color I would ever consider having a 69 Charger would be black, but since I was little watching the Dukes of Hazzard on TV I always wanted one! so that is what it will be! I have all the General Lee specific parts I have a Tom Sarmento roll bar (he was with the stunt team)
and it is signed by the whole stunt team, I have a template off a original show used General Lee for the narrow front pushbar (I am making 4) going to sell the other 3. The interior will be dark saddle brown, and I have a rare Jubilee horn setup that was from the late 70's that was most likely the same one used on the show there was 2 "dixie" discs here is a Youtube video of it for anyone that wants to hear it! http://http://youtu.be/k1WQW5vMIpA

If it's definitely a '69(sure looks like it) and your diff has a cover on the back. It almost has to be a Dana60.Congrats.

oldbee, I don't want to sound like a *** but did you not READ what I posted twice!!!! IT HAD A 8 1/4 AXLE ORIGINALLY THEY HAVE A REAR COVER PLATE AND CAR WAS ALL ORIGINAL 1969 CHARGER, TITLE, TAG AND BODY ALL MATCH. I what I am talking about I have had a bunch of Mopars and sell a lot of parts.

Rear Axle

"Green" was right, there are a number of rear ends. Got me thinking, so I looked it up in a resto manual. I attached a copy of it.

Attachments

• img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 200

Maybe I am blind, but I do not see any pic of the rear end???

No because it is a 8 1/4" axle and "oldbee" thinks it's absolutely without a shadow of a doubt a Dana 60 for some reason I guess he failed to realize the 8 1/4" ever exisited under a 69 B body! which it did it was the original axle that came in the car as the car. And I am pretty sure of what all the axles look like because I had a Dana 60, 8 3/4, 7 1/4, and 8 1/4 all before! :rolling:

Auto Transport Service
Back