• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally picked up my new baby today.

Chargerjase

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
So at the moment i'm in Germany. I am from New Zealand and am currently working a job here. My wife is from Texas and we will be returning there in a couple of years. I own a few Mopars already and have always wanted a 70 Coronet Convertible. I was talking to a colleague at work who just purchased a 68 Dodge Coronet R/T Dick Landy race car. Turns out, he knew where one was for sale. Of course I never had any intention of collecting another Mopar while overseas, but when fate intervenes, what is one to do. I struck a deal with the owner and today, I picked her up and drove 400 kms (250 miles) on the autobahn, to where I am currently living. The car ran flawlessly and braved mild snow fall. The main thing is, no rain and no salted roads. Very happy to have her home.

1970_Dodge_Coronet_Convertible_125.JPG

Nice!! The new for 70 Coronets really turned me off when they were introduced but they slowly grew on me. Took awhile though lol. Gotta tell us what all has been done to it now!

Congrats from the other end of germany (Ingolstadt). :thumbsup:

Nice to see one returning to the states for a change! Congratulations on that beautiful car!

Beautiful car. I always loved the 70 Coronets.

Curious, what are you going to do when you move back to the states? Can you ship it back or will you sell it?

Beautiful car! I didn't pay too much attention to the 70s back in the day but now I think they are great. My buddy has a 70 Super Bee in probably the same color. We just got back from a cruise in today.

Nice!! The new for 70 Coronets really turned me off when they were introduced but they slowly grew on me. Took awhile though lol. Gotta tell us what all has been done to it now!
Well, it's been jacked with a bit as a lot of these old cars have been. Nothing major, it's all straight but It's non numbers matching. It has a newly built 383 4bbl in it. Engine runs strong and I'm very happy with it. I will put out a search for the original numbers matching block and transmission. I know thats a long shot and I'm not too worried if it turns up nothing, but it would be nice. It started life in California as a Coronet 500 with a 383-2bbl. It has some great options. Power windows, power steering, disk brakes, power top, 3 speed wipers. It needs a trunk pan and I need to find little bits and pieces that people remove from these cars over the years. 70 air cleaner, jack, spare tire for example. Somebody has changed tail lights and panel to the Super Bee style, so need to find those parts etc. But for right now, until I can ship it, I will just enjoy it as is and drive it in the summer.

Last edited:
Well, it's been jacked with a bit as a lot of these old cars have been. Nothing major, it's all straight but It's non numbers matching. It has a newly built 383 4bbl in it. Engine runs strong and I'm very happy with it. I will put out a search for the original numbers matching block and transmission. I know thats a long shot and I'm not too worried if it turns up nothing, but it would be nice. It started life in California as a Coronet 500 with a 383-2bbl. It has some great options. Power windows, power steering, disk brakes, power top, 3 speed wipers. It needs a trunk pan and I need to find little bits and pieces that people remove from these cars over the years. 70 air cleaner, jack, spare tire for example. Somebody has changed tail lights and panel to the Super Bee style, so need to find those parts etc. But for right now, until I can ship it, I will just enjoy it as is and drive it in the summer.
Save that Super Bee back panel. I hear they are quite dear to buy.

Great looking car! I wouldn't change a thing,just drive it and enjoy the car! Nothing better than driving a B body convertible!

8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG

I'm very happy to have git her home last weekend. The next day we had a heavy snow fall and its been freezing ever since. She's in a nice warm garage for the winter.

So at the moment i'm in Germany. I am from New Zealand and am currently working a job here. My wife is from Texas and we will be returning there in a couple of years. I own a few Mopars already and have always wanted a 70 Coronet Convertible. I was talking to a colleague at work who just purchased a 68 Dodge Coronet R/T Dick Landy race car. Turns out, he knew where one was for sale. Of course I never had any intention of collecting another Mopar while overseas, but when fate intervenes, what is one to do. I struck a deal with the owner and today, I picked her up and drove 400 kms (250 miles) on the autobahn, to where I am currently living. The car ran flawlessly and braved mild snow fall. The main thing is, no rain and no salted roads. Very happy to have her home.

View attachment 1381953
That's a great looking car Jase.....nice score grabbing that one. Hope all is well in Germany.

I can't wait to catch up again some day. :thumbsup:

That's a great looking car Jase.....nice score grabbing that one. Hope all is well in Germany.

I can't wait to catch up again some day. :thumbsup:
Hi Roger, thanks for that. Yes she is a beauty. Amazing to find one here, but you know these cars spead out to all 4 corners if the globe. I'm amazed how many there are in NZ. Things are going well here. Still another 2 years of my contract to go, plus over runs of course. Looking forward to seeing you too my friend. Hope all is well in Kiwi.

Auto Transport Service
Back