• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally starting

blu satelite

Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
As a Christmas Present to myself and a New Years Resolution I'm finally starting on my 70 Satellite Convertible. What I'm looking for is some kind of exploded view for the frame and body. this car was taken apart a long time ago I'm wanting to see what is missing.
0705101109.jpg

That’ll be a great project. I recommend getting the full service manual, Especially if you bought it apart and may be missing stuff

Good luck, go get to it!

Best of luck on the project and congrats!

Start a build thread here!

That’ll be a great project. I recommend getting the full service manual, Especially if you bought it apart and may be missing stuff

Good luck, go get to it!
Agree. If you have a PC with a printer, you print pages as needed. You download service manual for most models here.
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=31

I agree with Fran too, but I actually own and like the hard copy. I’ve learned a lot just leafing through when I’m bored at night while my wife watches Christmas cookie baking challenges etc..... lol

This is on the pricey side but how much is your frustration worth. Unless you blew the car apart yourself, knowing what fastener you use and where is priceless IMO
image.jpg

Thanks to all. I now have a starting point. now out to the garage to move things around

NICE.... and as Justin (Moparnation) stated, PLEASE start a restoration thread in the members project and restoration section.

well, I'm at a stuck point. I'm jigging up the rear cross member and trunk pan trying to make sure It fits correctly when I realized the tail light panel doesn't look right. am I over thinking this or am I missing something. does the tail light panel attach to the cross member? if someone has pictures to help I would appreciate it.

IMG_20200219_175043673.jpg IMG_20200219_175018367.jpg IMG_20200219_175009692.jpg

The trunk floor goes over the rear frame cross member. The tail panel attaches to the trunk floor rear lip.

thanks
that makes sense to me. the problem I was having is the trunk floor pan I bought does not have a lip going down.

As a Christmas Present to myself and a New Years Resolution I'm finally starting on my 70 Satellite Convertible. What I'm looking for is some kind of exploded view for the frame and body. this car was taken apart a long time ago I'm wanting to see what is missing.View attachment 885954
I’m finishing up my 70 GTX. I took a bunch of factory stuff off of it. Suspension, brakes, heads (440), intake, exhaust manifolds, radiator, AC pump. The car drove good stock but I upgraded it. The heads (906) only have 1000 miles on them since rebuilt the engine. The only suspension pieces I don’t have are the lower control arms. I reinforced and reused those. Let me know if you are interested.

is that rear lip about 3/4 of an inch?
When I did a trunk floor in a 70 Charger before AMD sheet metal came out, I had a metal fab shop make me a 90 degree sheet metal lip to weld between floor and tail panel. The factory gobbed a lot of seam sealer there anyway, which covers up the extra weld area.

I’m finishing up my 70 GTX. I took a bunch of factory stuff off of it. Suspension, brakes, heads (440), intake, exhaust manifolds, radiator, AC pump. The car drove good stock but I upgraded it. The heads (906) only have 1000 miles on them since rebuilt the engine. The only suspension pieces I don’t have are the lower control arms. I reinforced and reused those. Let me know if you are interested.
mine is a small block and I plan on keeping it that way. at this point I believe I have all the suspension pieces but you never know until you get there. I'm in Dallas what part of Texas are you in?

When I did a trunk floor in a 70 Charger before AMD sheet metal came out, I had a metal fab shop make me a 90 degree sheet metal lip to weld between floor and tail panel. The factory gobbed a lot of seam sealer there anyway, which covers up the extra weld area.
Thanks, If I remember correctly I bought the trunk floor about 15 years ago from year one. Ive been collecting parts even though I have not had time to work on it

mine is a small block and I plan on keeping it that way. at this point I believe I have all the suspension pieces but you never know until you get there. I'm in Dallas what part of Texas are you in?
Near Denton. Small world. I’d like to check out your project. I plan in taking everything to the big swap meet at Texas motor speedway in April and sell it. I don’t plan on ever putting my car back to “original”. It’s more fun like this. The brakes are all rebuilt (they are drum).

Last edited:
Get the service manual and download the 70-71 parts book. Here's what it looks like when finished :thumbsup:

WSbYi4C.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back