• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finding the Other Guy's "repairs"

Radio stuff.... UG, I haven't had that in a while but you are right on those.
Yeah, some don’t know what they’re doing or ask someone or read up on it to find some clues, then there’s those who do know better, but too impatient to do it the right way. On a related note on doing things right, my daughter got into building things and likes DIY.

We built two tables and likely drove her nuts with my nit-picking such as boring holes straight correcting her when the drill was offset, “I thought it was straight.” No, recheck your X and Y with the drill. She checks it then moved the drill again when standing up to start drilling. Stop. “What now?” Ya moved the drill off set again. Grrr. The bolts will be cock-eyed and not line up. Bolt spacing, mark them so they match along each end, evenly spaced. If I need 10 bolts or screws and I have two that aren’t the same, I’ll go buy them, so ALL are the same if they’re going to be visible. It’s gratifying to see her do work now on her own where she’s picky about doing it nice. Good thing as the house she bought is 140 years old. Cutting drywall and paneling setting the fence to make an uneven cut to fit in an un-square space. This list goes on to nightmare territory, thinking what’s to do yet. I said her grandfather would be proud.

This little Toyota is the gift that keeps on giving.

It got pretty cold in Ohio the last week, and my son said the heater wasn’t working good.

When we had the dash apart he had noticed non factory wiring to the heater motor.

I had a hunch it might be running backwards, so I switched the wires and fixed that problem. Now the heater will smoke you out like the typical Toyota.
IMG_2316.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back