• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finished the 68 Project!

91r/t

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Hey all I just wanted to throw out a Big Thanks to numerous members who gave me info, pics of certain things, and helped me out with some smaller parts I was missing during this build. I am missing the hubcaps in the pics, but the car is essentially done other than a front end alignment and some hubcaps. I didn't wanna put them on until I drive it a bit and re-torque the wheels but I figured I'd post a pic or two on here as we are all into pics. Incase someones bored, I have a full build thread on the restoration area. From start to finish was just basically 3 years. Thanks again to all who helped along the way! Appreciate it bigtime!

runner2.jpg
runner3.jpg
runner4.jpg
runner5.jpg
engine1.jpg

Looks like it is fresh of the lot in 1968 !! NICE !:thumbsup:

Congratulations, on "finishing" that nice '68. Looks great.

Congratulations, on "finishing" that nice '68. Looks great.
Yea jokes on me.....they are never done right?!? Ha between that and the Charger it'll always be something little.

wow looks great,just started mine and hope it looks as good as yours in 3 yrs :thumbsup:

wow looks great,just started mine and hope it looks as good as yours in 3 yrs :thumbsup:

Thanks man! My best advice is just keep plugging away and don't stop or you get burnt out and its hard to get moving on it again. Even if it's just painting a bracket or cleaning something, it keeps the juices flowing and progress moving ahead.

…Incase someones bored, I have a full build thread on the restoration area. …
Took your advice and checked that out. Been down with the flu the last few days.

Definitely helped my day go by :thumbsup:

And very, VERY nice job sir!

Took your advice and checked that out. Been down with the flu the last few days.

Definitely helped my day go by :thumbsup:

And very, VERY nice job sir!

Ha I had like 50 notifications in 15 min! Good stuff! Glad you enjoyed man. Thanks for the kind words!

Last edited:
Beautifull Car! Nice work. Where did all the snow go?????

Dude its gone! We got socked twice with 4 feet then maybe 2 feet on the second round and both times its melted. Mild winter here so far for sure. Thanks for the kind words man!

Last edited:
Very nice job! You could have subtitled this "Words you are not likely to hear coming out of Fesser's mouth for a long time."

Congratulations, nice job :thumbsup:

It's a gratifying feeling for sure. Now the real fun begins. Start a fund for gas and new tires :lol:

Beautiful car (!!!) ...... BUT, how can you call it finished when the wheelcovers are missing?

:lol:

Beautiful car (!!!) ...... BUT, how can you call it finished when the wheelcovers are missing?

:lol:

I’m going off a percentage basis and at this point it’s 99.9% done and 100% done draining my wallet ha! And it’s 2023 and today it identifies as part A12 car hehe.

Auto Transport Service
Back