• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firearm Friday

3sloppydogs

Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
Ok i will start. there was some talk about starting this thread. I'll give a little background first. I am a lever gun guy. I love my lever actions. I have a couple pump shotguns. I also have the required ar which is nice but not a thrill. It works fine and shoots well but with you are not part of the gun like you are with a lever. I also have some bolt actions for longer shots.

One of these bolts is a Swiss K31. It is a very nice rifle. It is made with the Swiss quality and the cool thing is it is numbers matching. The magazine, bolt and rifle all are serial numbered and match. If you are not familiar with this it is a straight pull bolt. It has smooth action and is very accurate.
I am going to reload my spent brass and was wondering if any of you have some favorite recipes for this. I can say it likes boattail rounds.

How about a front end firearm Friday?
26648910907_a79ce08de9_b.jpg

Ok i will start. there was some talk about starting this thread. I'll give a little background first. I am a lever gun guy. I love my lever actions. I have a couple pump shotguns. I also have the required ar which is nice but not a thrill. It works fine and shoots well but with you are not part of the gun like you are with a lever. I also have some bolt actions for longer shots.

One of these bolts is a Swiss K31. It is a very nice rifle. It is made with the Swiss quality and the cool thing is it is numbers matching. The magazine, bolt and rifle all are serial numbered and match. If you are not familiar with this it is a straight pull bolt. It has smooth action and is very accurate.
I am going to reload my spent brass and was wondering if any of you have some favorite recipes for this. I can say it likes boattail rounds.
Since you are a lever gun guy...figured I would post this in case you (or anyone else) hasn't seen it yet.

53%2Fimages%2Faba9fbb6-37c4-6192-4d42-c6eb17bc0d2f.jpg

Recall Notice for Certain Henry Lever Action .45-70 Rifles Manufactured after November 2022​

Henry Repeating Arms is initiating a voluntary safety recall for lever action .45-70 rifles manufactured between December 14, 2022, and January 11, 2023. Under certain conditions, it is possible that some of these rifles may unintentionally discharge without the trigger being pulled if the hammer is released or dropped from the cocked position due to the use of firing pins that may not meet specifications.
To prevent the possibility of death or serious personal injury, Henry Repeating Arms requests that all owners of a lever action .45-70 discontinue all use until it is determined whether or not the rifle is subject to the recall.
Any Henry Repeating Arms firearm obtained before December 2022 is not subject to this recall, and no action is needed.
To determine if your Henry .45-70 lever action rifle is affected, owners should look up their serial number at henryusa.com/recall, email [email protected], or call toll-free 1-866-200-2354 (M-F, 9 am ET-5 pm ET). If the serial number is flagged, and service is required, Henry Repeating Arms will provide a shipping carton and return label at no charge to replace the firing pin. Customers will also receive a $50 gift certificate for HenryPride.com upon completion of service.

Musket Monday
Trigger Tuesday
Wildcat Wednesday
Target Thursday
Flintlock Friday :p
Semiauto Saturday
Suppressor Sunday

Love lever actions and bolt actions.

Edit since I mentioned bolt actions:

Mauser Monday

Last edited:
Years ago the chesapeake had these big crazy punt guns to shoot waterfowl
The waterman would lash them down in the boat and kill them like crazy
1679106106172.png

Guns are in the top 3 on my list of enjoyable collectables. Motorcycles, Mopars, Guns. I enjoy revolvers, particularly S&W stainless steel revolvers. I also have a thing for old 1800's and early 1900's double barrel shotguns. I've lost count over the years how many double barrels I have but I still think I need more....heading to a gun show today actually, maybe with some luck I'll score on a few more!

My newer Winchester 73, 45 LC. Nice guns - no non-stock safety’s or other modifications.

99BE3677-092B-4516-AB59-BFB8DA17445E.jpeg
CCD818C7-C2C6-4B52-BF5C-B1B6B08B85E5.jpeg

I have an old Marlin Model 56 levermatic.
Only the first ones were serialized until Marlin realized they weren't required to and to save money stopped adding serial numbers. ( produced before the 1968 gun control act )
Prices for these have gone crazy in the last decade.

One of these bolts is a Swiss K31. It is a very nice rifle.

On a side note, most of those that were issued to Swiss citizens have a piece of paper under the butt plate with the ID of the citizen it was issued to. Unfortunately, on my K-31 it's missing.

Thought you might want to see my two favorites. My 45-70 and my Swiss K31.
Does anybody have good recipes for the 45-70. I shoot 405 grain cast bullets usually. I have found them to be more accurate then the heavier or lighter bullets. But I will try anything that sound good
20230324_201016.jpg
20230324_201008.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back