• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

first car

BB BELLA

Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
I bought this when I was 15. It was in use as a doghouse for a german shepard when I found it!purchase price $400, did the paint,wheels,air shocks/shackles,hood scoop!Had it ready to roll when I turned 16. took it for my license test,instructor wouldn't get in told me to come back with a normal car!The girl was my "Tamer" for 10 yrs. I added a 66 BelII/hemi to my stable a couple yrs later to use as my street car,the rr was highway car for cottage country weekend trips! 45+ yrs. later my son is building another 66

oldpics018.JPG workin truck.jpg

:lol: Reminds me of a '73 Satellite I had back in the day. The car sat up on shackles so the back end was way up there. A friend asked if he could use it to take his driver test. He did fine until it came time to parallel park. Failed miserably because he couldn't see around the big backend of that car, especially when lifted.

The instructor asked why he was using that car. My friend told him his Mom didn't have a car and he didn't have any other options. He had to borrow mine to have something to take the test in. The instructor must have been a pretty good guy because he just said OK, and passed him.

Nice cars!

I bought this when I was 15. It was in use as a doghouse for a german shepard when I found it!purchase price $400, did the paint,wheels,air shocks/shackles,hood scoop!Had it ready to roll when I turned 16. took it for my license test,instructor wouldn't get in told me to come back with a normal car!The girl was my "Tamer" for 10 yrs. I added a 66 BelII/hemi to my stable a couple yrs later to use as my street car,the rr was highway car for cottage country weekend trips! 45+ yrs. later my son is building another 66

View attachment 755977 View attachment 755981

My 66 SW was also a dog kennel (they ruined most of the interior upholstery). I paid $50.00 for no engine/transmission but got a mostly rust free car. Back in 1981.
Mike

In 1968, the local High School Driver's Ed car was a RR. Is that norml?

Very nice! Should have asked for another instructor! It was 1978 when I turned 16 and roadrunners, camaros and mustangs and a couple amx and javelins were the cars we drove in high school. They were old enough to be cheap then and not old enough to be valuable. That was my normal!

Have you got better pictures of your "Tamer" Don??? :D

Hope to be seeing your son soon for my alignment... :thumbsup:

Have you got better pictures of your "Tamer" Don??? :D

Hope to be seeing your son soon for my alignment... :thumbsup:
I do have a couple of close ups,sitting in the car nothing riske, she was a beauty!you've got the number just call him when your ready! I'm sure He's excited to see your's,in fact I'll probably come have a look at it while your there! can't believe the effort you've given it and I'm sure it's better than day one!otherwise they would have sold for 40K in 69 with the hrs. you've put in!

Yep thanks Don.. your son told me to just text him and he'd take care of booking my appointment and making the alignment guy wash his hands three times before I get there!! :canada:

In 1968, the local High School Driver's Ed car was a RR. Is that norml?
I took drivers ed at my little private high school, but had to take drivers training at my local public high school. Drivers training car was a green roadrunner coupe. An article in one of the mopar magazines said it was common, and a drivers training rr could be identified on the fender tag.

My 66 SW was also a dog kennel (they ruined most of the interior upholstery). I paid $50.00 for no engine/transmission but got a mostly rust free car. Back in 1981.
Mike
My interior was good, it just looked like it had fur interior! took me about 5 vacuuming sessions to get it reasonably clean!The car was perfect, somebody just parked it in a fenced backyard and left it. maybe a dui or death in the family. I can't even remember how I got it home,must have been tow company because I wasn't old enough to drive! It was green when I bought it!One of my school friends told me there was a car in the backyard a couple doors down the street from him that sounded pretty good when it went in there!He didn't even know what it was, my older cousin 100 mile north of T.O. had a 68 RR and 72 RR both 440 4spd cars purchased new that I was terrorized in a couple times, so I knew what I had!

Auto Transport Service
Back