• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First cars

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

First car was a 53 Chevy 2 door (Biscayne I think) no drive line, paid $10 for it, sold it for $20
First running car was a 69 Fury 2 door (think boat), 383 AT HIGHY jacked up, parted it out

My mother had one of those.

Looking at the so called "Worse cars ever built?" Some have the Ford Edsel? That was actually a very decent car. The Renault Robin was certainly the worst production car of all time! I WANT ONE!

Get pulled over then just tip over? "No officer. I have not been drinking. My car has!"

69 skylark...... smashed it Dukes of Hazard style running from the cops when i was 15.....lots of drama but got off with a slap on the wrist.....those were the days

Last edited:
'72 Satellite Sebring Plus. 318, auto, a/c. 56k miles, bought from original owner, $400 back in '85.

72 Ford Pinto. Borrowed it from my dad to run to the local BK to get a burger. Some asshole with a steel framed trailer pulled into my lane and cut a nice line down the side of the Pinto.
Got home and my ex-Marine dad asked me "how do you like your new car?"
It wasn't that I wanted that car, but he made me buy it from him. Fair enough.

15336028368888528919033538005315001_1533602857976.jpg
1st car was exactly like this

IMG_8682.jpg

1st Mopar: repo from my sister, tranny went, I paid $300 for rebuild, she couldn't pay me back: I got the keys she got the Pinto

My first car was a 1966 Plymouth Valiant Post car 3 on the tree and a 170 CID.
Got it for the price of 16 one dollar bills. Ran and drove just had a leaky water pump.

1969 Mustang Grande. 302 auto. Bought it from a little old lady in 1985 with only 29,000 miles on it. She was the original owner and literally only used it to go to church and the grocery store for 16 years! I may be partial because it was my first car, but I still think the 69 mustangs are among the best looking of all the cars of the muscle car era! Not mine...but it could be:

mustang.jpg

Last edited:
My first car was barely a Mopar. But never really thought about it till just now. I had a 1974 Dodge Colt. It was yellow I paid 200.00 for it and used it to learn how to drive a clutch. Never left my yard with it but drove the piss out of it on my half acre. Until my brother stole it and took it out to the power lines and rolled it over on its side. And the bastard left it out there. I never tagged it or titled it. It was for learning. Anyhow I called a wrecker and told him if he could go get it he could have it and gave him the title. Never saw the car again. lol

Looked almost identical to this one.
View attachment 1141891
I had that same colt...I had a stereo so loud your eyes would cross....kiss shock me was cranked regularly

63 Plymouth Fury, dark blue poly, blue interior, 318 torqueflite. Put in a overcammed 361, 318 went back in a few months later. Wish I had pictures of it. I do have another 63 Fury that I want to recreate a better version of it without the overcammed big block.

Bought this Charger off my Dad for $3850. 400 in it.
Also the Edsel was known as a very unreliable car in it's day, my Dad's boss had one and had nothing but problems with it, I guess they were in the shop more than on the road.

IMG_20191211_0008.jpg

67 Valiant slant six, graduation present when I finished Penn State in 1975. Bonus for living at home while attending psu, most townies hit their folks up for the dorm experience. First car i bought - 1970 GTX two years later for $1500. Beautiful lemon twist yellow air grabber car. My wife inherited the Valiant, and has despised Mopars ever since…

70 GTX.jpg

71 cuda...340 car but 318 was in it. Power windows fog lights, wing, rocker gills,ac,pretty much fully loaded. White. Paid $500 for it in 82. I loved that car.

Auto Transport Service
Back