• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Mopar

Savvy Savoy

Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
Greetings and happy new year from a first time Mopar owner. An old 4 door parked on the street caught my eye about a year ago and I saw it again 2 weeks ago in the exact same spot. Turns out it was a 1962 4 door Plymouth Savoy. It has the slant 6 with a three on the tree, 68,0000 miles, and straight body. Previous owner replaced the clutch but left the gear box in the back seat. $300 later it was mine. I will install the tranny, check the vitals and make it my everyday runner.

Nothing wrong with an old 4 door Mopar. They can be made into really cool hot rods too!!

SDC11134.jpg

SDC10991.jpg

SDC11045.jpg

Thanks, actually I'm getting ready to get rid of that panel. I want to roll all those gages into the stock gage panel location. I have a sheet of 3/16" aluminum that I plan to cut to the same dimension as the OEM panel and drill it out for 6, 21/8" gages and one 3 3/4" speedometer.

Welcome savvy, sounds like you got a great deal on your car- Grats

Auto Transport Service
Back