• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fitech tuning

69'Net

Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread on tuning, sorry in advance if there is one. I recently purchased a fitech and fuel command center. I'm not running the timing function. I have a mild 440/auto with a 274 xe cam and a dual plane. The car runs really well, I just have small issues to shore up. I have a high idle after start up, it will ramp up to 1200rpms and then settle in after a few minutes, anyone else experienced this? I also had an issue yesterday unrelated to tuning. I went on a short drive and had fuel start spewing out of the fuel command center vent (I've since installed a return vent line to the fuel tank) I called fitech, they said it was to close to a heat source or the float was stuck. I banged on the side of it and it stopped. I don't know, hopefully that was the problem.

Add loop rate up and down at 12% see how that helps.

I don't run the command center so can't help there

Also make sure key on engine off when in monitor foot off pedal 0% tps

I'm not sure if its the same but I would guess its getting temp up/ AF ratio readings... Every FI car I've ever been in start high and then slow down after a minute or two...

Mike67, you're saying this is common? I get tired of calling fitech all the time, plus they are closed on the weekend. Dieseldazzle, I will try messing with the loop in the morning. Thanks

I forgot to mention, I get a high idle when I shift in to park as well. It also settles in after a minute or so.

What I'm saying is that all of the vehicles that I've owned ( none were fitech/fast/msd) do that... My wifes Maxima starts and sits about1400 for 30 secs then drops to 1100 and gradually lowers...same on the LS nova...
Not saying its not your issue, I figured it was part of the PPCL...

I couldn't find a thread on tuning, sorry in advance if there is one. I recently purchased a fitech and fuel command center. I'm not running the timing function. I have a mild 440/auto with a 274 xe cam and a dual plane. The car runs really well, I just have small issues to shore up. I have a high idle after start up, it will ramp up to 1200rpms and then settle in after a few minutes, anyone else experienced this? I also had an issue yesterday unrelated to tuning. I went on a short drive and had fuel start spewing out of the fuel command center vent (I've since installed a return vent line to the fuel tank) I called fitech, they said it was to close to a heat source or the float was stuck. I banged on the side of it and it stopped. I don't know, hopefully that was the problem.
I thot a fitech was a fuel inj. system,---float stuck ???

I forgot to mention, I get a high idle when I shift in to park as well. It also settles in after a minute or so.
Seems problems are common with fitech, no experience with them but a friend had a lot of problems with his 383 stroker chevelle, he got sick of it and switched to Holleys sniper efi and has worked flawlessly.

Putting F.I.tech w/ command centr on 500 inch stroker w/ 440 source heads and 545 lift Hughes flat tappet hyd this week. In 65 polara s/w. let you know how it goes

I don't really have any issues with the actual fuel injection unit, it just takes some minor tuning to get it perfect. Most of the issues I am reading about/having are with the fuel command, I am going to drive it again tonight and see if fuel comes out of the vent. I'm hoping it was just a stuck float. I should have mentioned earlier that my fuel pump quit working inside of the FCC, Fitech sent me a new one right away. Turned out to be a bad lead wire. I noticed the new pump has an insulation pad around it. I am assuming to cut down on the heat it produces. Mine did not have this. That may help as well if it was a heat issue.

Not so famous Bob, when I said float, I was talking about the float inside of the fuel command center. Not the actual fuel injection unit. The FCC is a sump that fills up with fuel from your stock fuel pump and then delivers it at a higher PSI to the fuel injection unit. Cool idea, just has some bugs to figure out.

:popcorn: I have mean street fi tech and the command center.. soon will install please share all info thanks

Update, I sent the fuel command center back. That thing did nothing but cause issues. I have since bought a stock appearing efi tank from Tanks Inc. I didn't have to cut up my trunk installing a fuel cell. Absolutely the way to go, very nice quality. Has an in-tank fuel pump set up and return. I would strongly recommend that to anyone buying efi. As for the actual fitech, running great!

Update, I sent the fuel command center back. That thing did nothing but cause issues. I have since bought a stock appearing efi tank from Tanks Inc. I didn't have to cut up my trunk installing a fuel cell. Absolutely the way to go, very nice quality. Has an in-tank fuel pump set up and return. I would strongly recommend that to anyone buying efi. As for the actual fitech, running great!
Seems like those command centers are nothing but trouble, never read anything good about them

I don't run them because they are bulky and ugly in my opinion but the main reason is because they seem problematic. I use tanks in tank and drop in. Or a hat if modern engine and efi

I dont remember where I read it and if it was specific to Fitech or if it was regarding another efi set up, but someone had mentioned that some dual plane manifolds adversley affected the units.
I think they refered to fuel distribution and the leaning out of a couple of cylinders.
I liked the idea behind the commmand center but think its inherently flawed. The problem being its size, there is no good way to isolate it from the heat...ceramic coat? Thermal wrap? Dunno...

I dont remember where I read it and if it was specific to Fitech or if it was regarding another efi set up, but someone had mentioned that some dual plane manifolds adversley affected the units.
I think they refered to fuel distribution and the leaning out of a couple of cylinders.
I liked the idea behind the commmand center but think its inherently flawed. The problem being its size, there is no good way to isolate it from the heat...ceramic coat? Thermal wrap? Dunno...
I seen that on engine masters, dual plane was giving them a lot of troubles switched it to a single plane and it worked flawlessly.

I run a dual plane, seems to run fine

I just ordered a mean street, was going to go with the Holley sniper 8 injector but they don't know when they will start shipping them, Holley tech told me at least 4 months. Not going to use the command center. 15 gallon cell with in tank pump.

Auto Transport Service
Back