• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fixed orifice PCV valve for MP cast aluminum valve cover

Frankb

Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
I using Mopar Performance cast aluminum valve covers on 511 build with Sniper. I have the correct PCV grommet for this valve cover but I can't locate a fixed orifice PCV valve that works with the grommet designed for this cover. The ID of the grommet is .470. I can't find any fixed orifice PCV valve for this application. Does anyone know where I can get the correct size valve for this application. Even an old style PCV valve would be OK. I know they can be modified into a fixed orifice type. Thanks
Frank

I used a 69 PCV and removed the tube, and drilled out the valve inside, and then used superglue on the tube and put it back together. No more valve inside. Someone have the 69 type for sale on here, just need to modify it.

Thanks for the link. Question on how you modified this valve. My plan B was to use a straight piece of 1/2 inch pipe I have, fill it with JB Weld, and then drill a .1 diameter hole through the middle. Its my understanding that a small diameter hole is whats needed. On the 69 valve you modified did you just leave it a hollow tube? Are you running sniper?

Yes, I am running a Sniper, I used a wrench to hold the PCV and was able to remove the tube. I used a drill to open the hole to remove the valve, once I removed it, I reattached the elbow. I am using it to keep the OE look, and at the Throttle body I have a PCV2377 fixed orifice valve, I had to use 2 different size hoses and glue them together. You can't tell I have EFI.
I wish they had a fixed valve for MOPARS.
I have a Holley 550-872

Photos

92527AB3-AE25-4D43-ABB4-BA25132593C0.jpeg

F2BEC458-F110-46B1-94E5-1F4829BA3D81.jpeg

E458F5E4-8F98-457A-AE3A-A7A340C5CC57.jpeg

I like how you did that. I have a PCV 2377 also and was looking for a way to use that with the correct grommet for my valve cover. No joy. I'm not looking for OE look but I want everything to function properly. Nice looking install. Not like my rats nest!

Sniper1.jpg

Sniper2.jpg

Sniper3.jpg

I did it and it was a basic wiring, then I replaced all the wiring in my car. I added a 52' extension and have the relays, power and ground all under the dash. FYI if you are using a Factory tack, with the Hyperspark, you'll need the MSD signal convertor.
I have my Hyperspark(like the MSD) box mounted to a insulated plate under the glovebox easily accessible.
I wanted everything hidden.
My ballast resistor has a jumper inside to bypass the ballast function.
I added a A12 type connector at the Ballast for my 12V on and cranking.
Also have 2 hidden kill switches, so if I need to crank the engine, it won't get fuel or spark, and is an added anti-theft.

What's the oil baffle like inside the cover?
Typically they are rubbish. I panel them in to limit the amount of oil the PCV system can "see"
You really only want the PCV system to suck air not oil.
I made a fixed orifice type for a car out of a brass double ended hose joiner and used a Holly carb jet as the orifice so I could adjust it.
On my 340 I used a Wagner 2 stage adjustable valve which seems to work very well.
It was a bit of work to adapt the stock valve cover but I think worth it.

What's the oil baffle like inside the cover?
Typically they are rubbish. I panel them in to limit the amount of oil the PCV system can "see"
You really only want the PCV system to suck air not oil.
I made a fixed orifice type for a car out of a brass double ended hose joiner and used a Holly carb jet as the orifice so I could adjust it.
On my 340 I used a Wagner 2 stage adjustable valve which seems to work very well.
It was a bit of work to adapt the stock valve cover but I think worth it.
Any photos?

Im not happy with these MP valve covers at all. I like the way they look. Just things like finding the correct grommets is a challenge. I wish someone would manufacture a nice billet set that would fit with modern valve gear but not cost 2K

Auto Transport Service
Back