• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flipping Your Air Cleaner Lid = More Power w/ PROOF!

Ma Mopar had it right years ago if you stop&think. The 6-pak hoods with air getting funneled from above only.

I run the dual snorkel on my 69 rr on an unsilenced base. This for clearance with the carb spacer. But the unsilenced base is smaller and therefore alllows much better breathing than the stock sealed snorkels.

The T/A scoop and the Demon scoop are two of the best designed EVER, from any manufacturer from a physics (boundary layer) stand point.

The T/A scoop and the Demon scoop are two of the best designed EVER, from any manufacturer from a physics (boundary layer) stand point.
That damned boundary layer! Tough nut to crack, but it only really effects ram air. Air direction is more controllable, as is bringing in cooler air from outside the engine compartment.

I'm thinking it I open the vents on the 73 hood I have now, make ducts that run along the underside of the hood and feed into the top of the air cleaner, that would give me cool air and a downward flow, which according to this video is the way to go.

Crowel induction on a mopar has proven the best form of cold intake air. But who has room for a 16" x 3" hole in the wall.
Raising the lid on a 16" cleaner by 1" allows for 150.7 sq. in. of air. Two 2" x 4" opening are 16 sq. in.

Auto Transport Service
Back