• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FML! The Snows Have Arrived

Sam69sat

Local time
8:41 PM
Reaction score
It's been snowing up on the peaks for over a month but now it's down here where people live. Can't wait for spring to begin in May!

IMG_4109.jpeg

It's been snowing up on the peaks for over a month but now it's down here where people live. Can't wait for spring to begin in May!

where are you?........ it's absolutely perfect here!

1698256459601.png

Last edited:
In the remote wilds of Oregon. Nowhere near the shithole know as Portland though (thank god). At least the cold keeps most of the riff raff away.

65* here today, low of 37* NorCal Sierras, Tuolumne Co
we will get the 'devil's dandruff' soon enough
30'-50' accumulations of it last year, all over this area
a few ridges NE over from Yosemite...
It's supposed to be;
according to the the farmers' almanac & weather prognosticators,
"yet" another wet cold year here, lots of snow & rain
ElNinio don't ya know...
Draught my lily white ***...

Snow has fallen in some "areas above me" here too, 20-30 miles upcountry
over 7,000ft, some melted & more came after it
Glad I don't live up there, we get more than I like here...
Supposed to be more this current storm
It's just partially cloudy here...

Here in the Phoenix area, fall ends on Jan.31st and spring begins Feb.1st. We used to live in the NE, so good luck with the cold and snow.

To each his own, I'm happiest when it doesn't go past 80.
Doesn't really feel bad here today at 84 and breezy. Anything lower than 106 lol but below 90 is even better but rather have mid 70's myself :) Not too crazy about temps below freezing either lol

Doesn't really feel bad here today at 84 and breezy. Anything lower than 106 lol but below 90 is even better but rather have mid 70's myself :) Not too crazy about temps below freezing either lol
Aye, I've got the low limit too. As time goes on the spread between the two isn't what it used to be lol.

Aye, I've got the low limit too. As time goes on the spread between the two isn't what it used to be lol.
From what I'm reading, BP meds make ya more sensitive to hot temps and I've been feeling it more and more as time goes on.....partly due to getting older but how much does BP meds contribute to it?? Used to be hot weather didn't bother me all that much but then again, I've been on the edge of heat stroke a couple of times too.

From what I'm reading, BP meds make ya more sensitive to hot temps and I've been feeling it more and more as time goes on.....partly due to getting older but how much does BP meds contribute to it?? Used to be hot weather didn't bother me all that much but then again, I've been on the edge of heat stroke a couple of times too
I've read that too. One time I stopped sweating and didn't feel so hot anymore. Thankfully my boss at the time was wise enough to know I needed out of the heat and some water asap.

I've read that too. One time I stopped sweating and didn't feel so hot anymore. Thankfully my boss at the time was wise enough to know I needed out of the heat and some water asap.
You were past the edge on that one!!

Yea, I remember feeling like **** the whole next day and fortunately nothing more than that.
And after just getting on the edge, the next time it's easier to go past it and especially so the older you get. These days if I feel like I'm approaching that point, I high tail out of the situation. I was so glad that my company truck had a good AC it in during my last year out there and in the field. Never shut that thing down while doing a job and well, wasn't supposed to do that but was thinking it would be prudent to have a cool place to escape to if needed.

Weather still the same here.
Screenshot_20231026_065637_Samsung Internet.jpg

We are leaving on Sunday for a 17 day road trip starting in Vegas and obviously hoping for nice weather. Going to the Sema show in Vegas, then driving to Fort Bragg and hook up with Pacific Coast Highway. Done it many times but never gets old!

Auto Transport Service
Back