• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mandatory water usage from the city of Houston......

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
So far the city I live in (next door to Houston but I live on the far side of my city from them thank God) is saying voluntary usage.....thing is, Lake Houston where the water comes from is .46 ft from full pool of 42.40. Problem is City of Houston has leaks from broken mains all over the place and their pressure is low. They are also down on man power to fix them and always have been. I remember when I lived within the Houston city limits in the 70's and very early 80's, it would take them a month or more to come out and fix a BAD leak and it's no different today. Houston city services has never been good and is one of the reasons I moved out with the main reason my house flood 3 freaking times in 11 years! Anyways, my pressure is still good and not gonna do anything different with watering to try and keep my trees etc alive. My neighbor is about to lose a tree that's over 40 years old.....hate to see that because I benefit from it too. It's like, F the city of Houston. The 'supply' lake is dang near full and it's not my fault that the city of Houston can't manage themselves. There is several other cities around us that is also asking for the voluntary restrictions.

Over in Paulo Pinto county, they are on restricted water use with the North Rual County water supply company and I’m about 8 miles from that county, I’m in Parker county. I get my water from them, but since I’m in a a different county, I pay no attention to the notice.

Over in Paulo Pinto county, they are on restricted water use with the North Rual County water supply company and I’m about 8 miles from that county, I’m in Parker county. I get my water from them, but since I’m in a a different county, I pay no attention to the notice.
It's nuts that the city of Houston puts in water restrictions because they have so many freaking leaks when the dad gum lake is still full!! Houston city services has sucked for 50 years that I know of.... I'm just glad that Pasadena has not called for mandatory restrictions.....yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back