• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For RoadRunner Lovers

Mike- What happened to the car? Don't tease us and leave us hangin !!! LOL

Sorry guys, I only have that one picture of the car.
Back then we didnt have digital cameras. Had to get out the KODAK, open the back of it and install a new "roll" of film, then take your pictures....then you had to take the roll of film out, take it to the camera store and wait a week to get the prints.
Pictures were few and far between unless you had a friend who was a camera buff.

i got pretty close to the same setup "exept for the big tires" I really wish I could find a siamiese or world block for my charger! the aluminum route is way to expensive for me, I could see spending 3k on an aftermarket block but not 6k. hoping mine holds together long enough for them to start producing the aftermarket iron blocks again!

motor is a Mopar performance siamese bore cross bolt main high nickle steel 440 .30 over Ross 8:5.1 blower pistons .990 pins, Child's& Albert plasma molly rings Mopar performance billet crank, Childs & Albert super speedway rods /floating pins Indy 440-1 aluminum cylinder heads ported and bench flowed.BDS solid lift cam (pro street cam about .550 lift )Milodon gear drive and dual line swinging pickup oiling system. BDS intake ,stage two 871 blower, two 850 cfm double pumpers MSD ignition. Blower driven 10% under TTI Step headers / 3" stainless H-pipe exhaust. motor set on stun not kill. tranny is a 727 roller unit with all the goodies (no brake) 3500 converter mark williams drive shaft ,9" nogular iron center with 4.88 spool fab9 back braced housing moser 40 spline axles, goodyear 14"x 32"slicks on the street mickeys 19.50 x 31 ". ladder bars coil overs NHRA certified cage.run vp c-12 at the track and 93 pump gas on the street . weight 3,700 car/ driver 10.02 @136 1.32 60ft. through the mufflers. could turn it up but then you have to have a nhra license's and they dont take to kindly to dipping into the 9's and saying it must have been a tail breeze. peace

Mike- What happened to the car? Don't tease us and leave us hangin !!! LOL

Well, I had the car for about 9 months during 1968 (from about March until Nov). I raced it all summer along with my Funny Car. I had some really wild financing on the car (because I didnt really have enuf money to "buy it outright".
The local Chrysler-Plymouth did some creative Seller Financing where I only had to pay a couple hundred bucks a month (because they wanted me to advertise for them and for them to kinda "sponsor" the car). Well...for entirely other reasons the dealership went bankrupt in Nov 1968. The only way I could keep the car was to actually get a regular bank loan with regular payments on the car which I couldn't afford. I "turned the car back into the dealer" and the liquidators loaded the Hemi RoadRunner (complete with all the special Sox&Martin paint job, Keystone Wheels, Goodyear Slicks, Hooker Headers and a complete blueprinted HEMI motor) onto their big car transport trailers along with all of the other dealer's new car inventory...and drove off into the sunset. I wasn't out any money because the Dealership paid for all of the work I had done on the car during the time I had it....that's the story....I never saw or heard about the car again. Mike

Mike I love all the cool 60's Mopars you had and raced as they are awesome ! I wonder how old you are as I was born in 1956 and actually did not start driving until 1974 when I was 18 but you must have about 10 years on my 59 year old but. You grew up in the best years of all and I missed the best years by about 10 years even though muscle cars were still very popular when I started driving. Thanks for posting this. Ron

Mike I love all the cool 60's Mopars you had and raced as they are awesome ! I wonder how old you are as I was born in 1956 and actually did not start driving until 1974 when I was 18 but you must have about 10 years on my 59 year old but. You grew up in the best years of all and I missed the best years by about 10 years even though muscle cars were still very popular when I started driving. Thanks for posting this. Ron

Ron...I was 21 years old in 1963 when I bought my brand new Aluminum Nose Max Wedge 1963 Belvedere...and it was a Belvedere not a Savoy.

Well, I had the car for about 9 months during 1968 (from about March until Nov). I raced it all summer along with my Funny Car. I had some really wild financing on the car (because I didnt really have enuf money to "buy it outright".
The local Chrysler-Plymouth did some creative Seller Financing where I only had to pay a couple hundred bucks a month (because they wanted me to advertise for them and for them to kinda "sponsor" the car). Well...for entirely other reasons the dealership went bankrupt in Nov 1968. The only way I could keep the car was to actually get a regular bank loan with regular payments on the car which I couldn't afford. I "turned the car back into the dealer" and the liquidators loaded the Hemi RoadRunner (complete with all the special Sox&Martin paint job, Keystone Wheels, Goodyear Slicks, Hooker Headers and a complete blueprinted HEMI motor) onto their big car transport trailers along with all of the other dealer's new car inventory...and drove off into the sunset. I wasn't out any money because the Dealership paid for all of the work I had done on the car during the time I had it....that's the story....I never saw or heard about the car again. Mike

Wow what a story! I bet that cars out there some where. Have you ever looked for it? I googled the vin for my old Harley and found some history on it. Never know!

Ron...I was 21 years old in 1963 when I bought my brand new Aluminum Nose Max Wedge 1963 Belvedere...and it was a Belvedere not a Savoy.

Thanks Mike. That means you were born in 1942 and have 14 years on me. Thanks for making me feel young again. LoL ! Just joking. Ron

Love the Roadrunner's!! I had a 69' with 383 & 4 speed---F8 green with black vinyl top----love to have it back!!----Cool views man!!

Auto Transport Service
Back