• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For RoadRunner Lovers

Mike Gaines

Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
In case you haven't seen a pix of my 1968 Hemi Road Runner...here it is.
Bought it brand new in 1968 when I was 26 years old. RoadRunner.JPG
Raced it in NHRA Super/Stock C Automatic that summer.

Very cool, Mike!

Mike, wow that is so cool my first mopar was a 68 roadrunner 383 4 speed got mine when i was 18. Got in a trade for two marshall 4 x 12 speaker cabinets and $300.00 bucks cash. She was bone stock it's been a love affair for the past twenty years.Picture 380.jpg_DSC4818.jpgPicture 374.jpgIMG_0295.jpgME  LEBANON 2005.jpgPicture 369.jpgPicture 390.jpgPicture 522.jpgPicture 551.jpg

Mike, wow that is so cool my first mopar was a 68 roadrunner 383 4 speed got mine when i was 18. Got in a trade for two marshall 4 x 12 speaker cabinets and $300.00 bucks cash. She was bone stock it's been a love affair for the past twenty years.View attachment 300686View attachment 300687View attachment 300688View attachment 300689View attachment 300690View attachment 300691View attachment 300692View attachment 300693View attachment 300694
The Pencil at Jone's beach!! My old stomping ground! I miss living on LI!!

DANG!! gotta love the blower!! nice lookin chicken you got there! what size rubber on the rear? what is the motor combo and 1/4 mile time? engine size?

Back in the good old days of class racing. Thanks for sharing that!

A couple of very sweet roadrunners. Love the blower on that orange beauty. Both are badass cars. Yeah I wish. Thx for the pics.

Sweet RR's guys! I was born at the time, but I was only licensed to drive Hotwheels.

Any engine **** Mike?

Sweet RR's guys! I was born at the time, but I was only licensed to drive Hotwheels.

Any engine **** Mike?

Sorry guys, I only have that one picture of the car.
Back then we didnt have digital cameras. Had to get out the KODAK, open the back of it and install a new "roll" of film, then take your pictures....then you had to take the roll of film out, take it to the camera store and wait a week to get the prints.
Pictures were few and far between unless you had a friend who was a camera buff.

Mike, that is a BAD-*** car. I'd love to do that to mine. LOL

Nice Mike, a 68 even, now that's more like it...LOL

motor is a Mopar performance siamese bore cross bolt main high nickle steel 440 .30 over Ross 8:5.1 blower pistons .990 pins, Child's& Albert plasma molly rings Mopar performance billet crank, Childs & Albert super speedway rods /floating pins Indy 440-1 aluminum cylinder heads ported and bench flowed.BDS solid lift cam (pro street cam about .550 lift )Milodon gear drive and dual line swinging pickup oiling system. BDS intake ,stage two 871 blower, two 850 cfm double pumpers MSD ignition. Blower driven 10% under TTI Step headers / 3" stainless H-pipe exhaust. motor set on stun not kill. tranny is a 727 roller unit with all the goodies (no brake) 3500 converter mark williams drive shaft ,9" nogular iron center with 4.88 spool fab9 back braced housing moser 40 spline axles, goodyear 14"x 32"slicks on the street mickeys 19.50 x 31 ". ladder bars coil overs NHRA certified cage.run vp c-12 at the track and 93 pump gas on the street . weight 3,700 car/ driver 10.02 @136 1.32 60ft. through the mufflers. could turn it up but then you have to have a nhra license's and they dont take to kindly to dipping into the 9's and saying it must have been a tail breeze. peace

Sorry guys, I only have that one picture of the car.
Back then we didnt have digital cameras. Had to get out the KODAK, open the back of it and install a new "roll" of film, then take your pictures....then you had to take the roll of film out, take it to the camera store and wait a week to get the prints.
Pictures were few and far between unless you had a friend who was a camera buff.

Well then let's work with that one a bit.
RoadRunnerxpearl.jpg

Me too I was only 9 when the 68 RR came out...LOL
Loved my Hot Wheels too

Auto Transport Service
Back