• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE-NOT MINE: 1972 Roadrunner GTX Track Pak 440 HP 4spd Dana 60 Only 219 Built Rare - $25,900 (Scottsdale)

I love the car, mainly because,,,, after 50 years of working on old Mopars there is something special about knowing you finished a car that has never been welded back together, and never any rust repair or accidents, etc. So then the first time you run into someone that had to do the above on their car you can smile!

when finished, It is just super cool to have a completely original body. I don't care if it is a four door or two door. those cars are the hardest to find no matter what brand. But I see old cars as artifacts, a history of America, not a welded together,fabricated facimiles of the original car.
They are original only once,,,

This GTX looks like that,,,,,

The closest I can imagine is aquiring any particular model from the original owner, and maintained in pristine original condition.

A good friend of mine, has one. Beautiful car....and low miles.

026.JPG

I remember riding in a brand new 71' GTX 440 six pack four speed and Dark Green while stationed at Minot AFB.(which is why I am tempted with this car)
I thought I was going to die! He was a staff Sgt that was a Huey gunship Gunner/crew chief, and after 13 months in Vietnam he had no fear! (June1971) I refused to ride with him again,, he knew only one speed, pedal to the floor! that 11 miles to Minot from the base was short work for that car!

I loves me an unmolested, original car.
They are special.
I'd be tempted to put seat upholstery in and drive it as is.

I loves me an unmolested, original car.
They are special.
I'd be tempted to put seat upholstery in and drive it as is.
This one was similar. Rust free original Arizona car, with 100,000 miles. I bought it for $1700 in 1992, spent $5000 having the drive line freshened from the radiator to the back axle. Left the dried out interior intact, buffed the chalked out repaint. I just threw a blanket over the seats and drove it. Everything worked, including the factory A/C. Drove it as my company car for four years, 90,000 miles, sold it at a good profit, thanks to a generous mileage reimbursement package. Probably the most fun Mopar I ever owned.

34A3F4D9-3158-44C9-B74F-793B0829BB58.jpeg

Comments after closer review of the pictures and looking for info on this make and model:

No power brake booster...manual brakes.
Must have 11" drums with the 3" wide brake shoes on the front.

No power-robbing air conditioning.:D

My memory is sketchy, but that looks like a 2-speed windshield wiper motor. It certainly doesn't look like the 3-speed on my '70 Charger.

My memory is sketchy, but the cap on the steering reservoir looks odd.

It needs new throttle return springs.:p

What is this thing? A hot water shutoff contraption? I didn't have one on my low brow '71 Satellite.
00Y0Y_lMf8Hz1aLOu_0CI0hm_1200x900~3.jpg

The front wheel well lip mouldings look odd to me...they don't extend down very far on the back side of the opening.

No rocker sill moulding? Was it an option, not standard on a '72 RR GTX?

Color-keyed, not chrome outside dual mirrors. I like them. I see the remote for the driver-side mirror, but I can't find one for the passenger-side mirror. Is it near the radio?

Driver's door fitment looks odd to me. Also, I wonder if the door hinge stop is broken, or was broken in the past. The door looks like it may have been opened too far...fender mark on door?

Grille is a little warped on the driver's side.

Maybe it's the lighting, but the paint on the passenger side door and fender don't seem to match the rear quarter panel. Accident damage?

It doesn't have the optional "tuff" steering wheel. The steering wheel that's there looks to be in really good condition for being baked in the Arizona heat.

Ignition lock tumbler on the steering column is missing.

Sketchy memory again...the inside panel on the passenger door looks like a nice design. Is this the typical/standard style for a road runner GTX or is it part of an optional/upgraded decor group?

As already mentioned by someone else, GTX emblem is missing from the trunk deck lid.

Still, it's a car worthy of saving. I doubt the asking price will drop again. No, I didn't contact the seller.

Comments after closer review of the pictures and looking for info on this make and model:

No power brake booster...manual brakes.
Must have 11" drums with the 3" wide brake shoes on the front.

No power-robbing air conditioning.:D

My memory is sketchy, but that looks like a 2-speed windshield wiper motor. It certainly doesn't look like the 3-speed on my '70 Charger.

My memory is sketchy, but the cap on the steering reservoir looks odd.

It needs new throttle return springs.:p

What is this thing? A hot water shutoff contraption? I didn't have one on my low brow '71 Satellite.
View attachment 1586311

The front wheel well lip mouldings look odd to me...they don't extend down very far on the back side of the opening.

No rocker sill moulding? Was it an option, not standard on a '72 RR GTX?

Color-keyed, not chrome outside dual mirrors. I like them. I see the remote for the driver-side mirror, but I can't find one for the passenger-side mirror. Is it near the radio?

Driver's door fitment looks odd to me. Also, I wonder if the door hinge stop is broken, or was broken in the past. The door looks like it may have been opened too far...fender mark on door?

Grille is a little warped on the driver's side.

Maybe it's the lighting, but the paint on the passenger side door and fender don't seem to match the rear quarter panel. Accident damage?

It doesn't have the optional "tuff" steering wheel. The steering wheel that's there looks to be in really good condition for being baked in the Arizona heat.

Ignition lock tumbler on the steering column is missing.

Sketchy memory again...the inside panel on the passenger door looks like a nice design. Is this the typical/standard style for a road runner GTX or is it part of an optional/upgraded decor group?

As already mentioned by someone else, GTX emblem is missing from the trunk deck lid.

Still, it's a car worthy of saving. I doubt the asking price will drop again. No, I didn't contact the seller.
I can address a few things you posted. The door panels are correct as my 72 RR/GTX has the same pattern but blue. The steering wheel looks fried, chalky and is even split so I believe it came with that wheel. That is not a factory water valve some aftermarket piece. They never made dual remote mirrors in any 71-4 B-body that started in '75 with the Cordoba/Fury models. The front fender molding is tore off at the bottom so that's why it looks goofy. Rocker moldings were an option even though it has wheel lip moldings and belt moldings... Other stuff you stated are as they are. Hope that helps a little.

EDIT I believe only manual front discs were available in '72 maybe someone else can verify...

Last edited:
Up here you'd say that was an inline coolant heater. They still sell them.

The coolant shutoff thing could be.. I'm not aware of those.

I can address a few things you posted. The door panels are correct as my 72 RR/GTX has the same pattern but blue. The steering wheel looks fried, chalky and is even split so I believe it came with that wheel. That is not a factory water valve some aftermarket piece. They never made dual remote mirrors in any 71-4 B-body that started in '75 with the Cordoba/Fury models. The front fender molding is tore off at the bottom so that's why it looks goofy. Rocker moldings were an option even though it has wheel lip moldings and belt moldings... Other stuff you stated are as they are. Hope that helps a little.

EDIT I believe only manual front discs were available in '72 maybe someone else can verify...

Agree with everything except-

PDB was available in 72. My Charger has them.

Agree with everything except-

PDB was available in 72. My Charger has them.
I know that as my '72 has Power disc also, so it was only my response to him as he was saying it must have large manual 11x3 DRUM BRAKES and I was saying only manual disc was the option....

If it wasn't 2/3 of the way across the country, I'd look at it.

I checked with one transport company for door-to-door enclosed shipping of the car from Scottsdale, Arizona to Savannah, Georgia.
$1,839 if paying cash. Otherwise, $1,919.

That is roughly $300 less than I was expecting.

What's another $2,000 for this car? :poke:

Oh yeah, roundtrip airline ticket is less than $300.

Never been a big fan of the green interiors, but no hate here..

I hear you on green interiors, but they look great in C-bodies when they're the right shade of green. Of course, I might have retina damage brought on by the R-E-D interior of my '79 300. :D

Fortunately, this factory Sherwood Green with black vinyl top RR GTX has a black interior.

Might as well post all 23 pictures. You know, for posterity :D

00Y0Y_lMf8Hz1aLOu_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00w0w_bn6Bvk6GRKv_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00V0V_e8mcWUHaLS4_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00707_cq9MnynLNGd_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00W0W_l9YJj2B6KzW_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00L0L_bJtrklJq7tF_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00000_7emlGqmG6dL_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00s0s_9tNeoDRX0bm_0CI0hm_600x450~2.jpg

Last edited:
01616_7Wrt3CJkYVg_0CI0hm_600x450 (1).jpg
01010_3eFwpr1b3cQ_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg