• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE-NOT MINE: 1972 Roadrunner GTX Track Pak 440 HP 4spd Dana 60 Only 219 Built Rare - $25,900 (Scottsdale)

DeltaV

Endeavor to persevere
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
NOT MINE

1972 Roadrunner GTX Track Pak 440 HP 4spd Dana 60 Only 219 Built Rare - $25,900 (Scottsdale)​

Posted to Craigslist 15 days ago.
There are 23 pictures posted in the ad.

Screenshot_20240102-194345~2.png
Screenshot_20240102-194107~2.png
Screenshot_20240102-194119~2.png

01616_7Wrt3CJkYVg_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00Y0Y_lMf8Hz1aLOu_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00w0w_bn6Bvk6GRKv_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00V0V_e8mcWUHaLS4_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00000_b6PmDXfT7gm_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00X0X_jcqsUvcnVtn_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg

1972 Plymouth Roadrunner GTX for sale by owner - Cave Creek, AZ - craigslist

Fellow I know has 1 of those like that up here. That's about 1.5 million Canadian dollars, he'll like that!

I'll say this... for what it is, and for what I see... I think the price is very, very fair.

Agree on all counts, but the seller needs to find the missing fender tag he put away for safe keeping; and he needs to show a picture of the broadcast sheet.

A few more for posterity:

00L0L_bJtrklJq7tF_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00707_cq9MnynLNGd_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00W0W_l9YJj2B6KzW_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00000_7emlGqmG6dL_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg
00s0s_9tNeoDRX0bm_0CI0hm_600x450.jpg

Edited to add partial VIN & DOM
(for posterity):

VIN: RM23U2G
DOM: 2-72

Last edited:
$26k?
People think that is crazy?
So if I understand old mopar guys right....
People will pay $600-$1200 for the dual snorkel pie tin depending on condition
People will pay $450 for the HP manifolds in poor shape, upwards of $700 in great shape, more if they got coated
The 440 itself, pulled from a car sitting on a tire people will pay 2 grand for, without the above attached anymore, or the transmission
People will pay over $3k for the dana 60
Fenders....
Original shifter....
So on and so forth

But the entire car, possibly numbers matching with that production qty, in really solid shape, is not worth $26k?

How is it that every Mopar from that vintage with shiny paint is a 6 figure car and one that needs a paint and 4 grand of interior work is a joke to people? I mean, except the 69/70 Chargers, those are silly right now. But everything else is either a gold mine or "lol what is he thinking?"
Heck if you ask the younger crowd they wouldn't even paint it, just wash it off and put 5 coats of wax over the "patina".
Is it really a wonder people are willing to chop up perfectly good cars?

I am glad I like the super cheap cars people roll their eyes at, at least the price is stable and not subject to whoever's whims and nostalgia or sentiment. I feel really bad for this guy and the amount of tire kicking he must be dealing with right now.

$26k?
People think that is crazy?

But the entire car, possibly numbers matching with that production qty, in really solid shape, is not worth $26k?
See my post #6. I see rusted, rotted-out hulks of $hit-garbage posted on ads in this forum, for ridiculous money, that are nothing more than a rotted skeleton. This is probably one of the better represented cars I've seen in quite a while, especially for what it is.

See my post #6. I see rusted, rotted-out hulks of $hit-garbage posted on ads in this forum, for ridiculous money, that are nothing more than a rotted skeleton. This is probably one of the better represented cars I've seen in quite a while, especially for what it is.

the full metal replacement on any of those projects costs more than the asking price of this car; almost double in some cases......... if the hood, fenders, trunk lid are that nice; even better

If it had the air grabber option I would pay the asking price, by just looking at metal condition and completeness.

If it had the air grabber option I would pay the asking price, by just looking at metal condition and completeness.
I had one of the 72 RR/GTX automatic cars and sold it about 6-7 years ago. Both are automatic and 4-speed cars are rare. I should have held on to it. It did have the complete air grabber hood and setup. It has since been restored and changed to a 4-speed.

My friend has an automatic car. They are essentially the last real Mopar muscle cars! My friends car originally had the N96 Ramcharger hood option, but a previous owner switched out the hood for a standard Road Runner/GTX hood.

20211003_130103.jpg

20211003_130115.jpg

Last edited:
That's a great car and not many are around anymore. The 4-speed and Dana is a plus but me personally I would rather have an Factory air grabber car like my original N96 Auto 72 RR/GTX. Well worth the money as the body looks to be in great shape. The interior is there but toasted. I think it will sell as there are people still looking for rare mopar iron these days.

Unfortunately it's a 72, the 1st year of the downgrade
after the Muscle car era 61-71 (some say 64-71 or 68-70)

(albeit last of the good/decent looking years vs 73-74 fugly fat sisters)

some don't like anything after 71, at best
persnickety market today & has been for MoPar forever
they don't bring the same $$$ as a 71 (or prior)
in 'the exact' same condition, fact

Pluses, it is a dry climate in Az
nice solid car but, location & price is everything

MoPar people are generally cheap too,
unless it's a finished completed car, done right
we see it every damn day here

& done right,
every aspect of that car will need to be addressed,
all new trim or fixed, interior, glass,
belts/hoses/rubber, tires/wheels
paint (big hit) still has rust, maybe not body panels replaced
the vinyl top (rust, albeit mostly surface)
maybe engine ???? (reseal at a min.)
& radiator/cooling, water pump,
& all the electrical system, wiring, the bulkhead connections, alt. etc.
gauges, seats & console, fuel system, sending unit/pickup, carb,
I'm sure there's far more too
all cost the same
as a more desirable 71 & earlier
spend $30k-$40k at a min. just to get $40k-$50k maybe (?)
if
& when finished, to the right buyer
everything still cost the same $$, for a less desirable year

(don't get me wrong I like it it's a solid car)

I say not for an investment, maybe for someone that had one
sentimental value & wants another one, for a long-term project

brutal truth hurts

my $1.25

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back