• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Selena Fans Only

Dibbons

Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
I first saw Selena as a newlywed in El Paso, Texas, circa 1988. I found this video from the same year I was "introduced" to her. Of course, not only did Jennifer Lopez play her in a movie, but today Netflix premieres a multi-episode series of her tragic legacy.

P.S. That same week in 1988, we were a group of fans that won a dinner with Selena and a male singer named "Franco" thanks to a local radio station Valentine's Day call-in promotion. Instead of calling in sick, I asked for the night off and my United States Border Patrol supervisor would not give me the time off. My spouse took her daughter and a friend who brought home photos with Selena and autographs. I really missed out.

Last edited:
Funny you posted this. I was just watching a documentary about her and remembering her music. Truly tragic...

Auto Transport Service
Back