• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever Dine With a Famous Person (or famous person to be)?

I just remembered that in 1990 Rosie Greer was speaking at the place I worked at the time. I was asked to pick him up at the airport and take him to dinner. My wife came along, and we ended up eating at an Asian place in Madison called Wong's Wok (his choice). The guy working there wouldn't let him pay. He told him "Rams eat for free". A couple of days later I took him back to the airport. When I went to his room to pick him up, it looked like he had just woken up. He sat on the edge of the bed and pointed at his belongings scattered around and had me pack his suitcase. LOL. Even with him being a little older, I wasn't going to argue.

A girl I went to JH with, Tammy Hopkins, appeared on Star Search after she was in her 20s. She went on to have a successful modeling career in the Penny's catalog. For years, every time the catalog came out, she was in several photos. She was in the Sunday flyers, too. As she got older, she was the hot mom in the photos.

80's & 90's Rock group 'Tesla' (formerly 'City Kid')
Lead Singer, Jeff Keith
I shared many a meal with him, or in the vicinity, a few brews
attended a bunch of the same parties etc.
He'd attempt to sing & play rocker at our parties...

I was more friends with his older bros., than him
but we attended the same HS, Ponderosa High School,
along with a bunch of my other friends/MoPar gang/car buddies
all from Garden Valley & Georgetown area
his brother & I were class of 77'
he was class of 78'

Back when moved up & I lived with my dad & 'the bitch' stepmother,
during HS 1974-77...
He was in the same class as my younger stepbrother Tim A.

I still remember him buying a new 82 Corvette, Crossfire 350/th400
(White/Gold IIRC) for his girlfriend Trish M., when he started making it big...
(she was another one from our HS, lived at a buddies housemate/roommate, moved down from the sticks to Sacramento)

Lost contact after a dozen years or so, he was on the road touring/recording
& with a different crowd, never really heard or saw him much after that...

Last edited:
I went to grade school with Jessica Steinhauser who grew up to be **** star Asia Carrera. Not sure it counts as "dining together", but we certainly sat at the same lunch table when we were kids. Sorry, this was in the 70's so I don't have any pics to back it up.

I guess this is her now.

635519049376936384-111814spaghetti-monster2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back