• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Romantics here: When did you know that SHE was the ONE ?

First sight. 1992. Delivered pizza to her. Never asked why so many cars, guns, fish tanks, turtles, or cannons. Her tiny vagina and sex addiction didn't hurt either.

2 weeks after our 1st date. This past Monday was 41 years. Best decision I ever made.
Doug

My wife and I worked together, she was the bosses Secretary and I was a salesman. She had a boyfriend which she had for years and I was using women, one after the other. This went on for almost a year and we became good work friends. I told her one day that I was going to ask out a gal I had dated a year or so before that I had seen again and she maybe the one or at least try it out again. She looked at me funny and said, I hope it doesn't work out! We, by now, were good friends, but, come on, that's rude. I went out with the gal and it was just one of those date you just know is not going to be the one. The next day at work I told her the **** story and she laughed and walked away, again rude. By Friday she calls me at home and asked me if I wanted to go have a drink, I said no and thought why would you phone me to ask me this when we work together. Monday at work it was kind of strange, I didn't get it and wanted nothing to do with her and a boyfriend. By mid week the tension was so think you could cut it with a knife. She then told me her boyfriend had been cheating on her, hit her for asking about it and she was afraid I would like that gal I went out with and we might miss out on something special. She looked at me and said, now, do you want to go out this weekend or WHAT. To be honest, I had always thought of her, but, she had a boyfriend. Yes, I asked her out on the spot and had a great time. It's funny when you work with someone and think you know them, it's nothing like dating and really getting to know them! After many dates and many great times I finally asked her one night, which I never brought up, the boyfriend. She said what boyfriend, I can only deal with one at a time and laughed. I said, oh, she stepped up close and said, haven't you figured it out yet. We've been married 41 years and we've been to hell and back together and through it all she has always been right there by my side with her hand in mine. That old boyfriend had no idea what he missed out on........ By the way, he never got married and turned into a lonely old man that learned to always steer clear of me....... Yes I love my wife!!!

Tough times? Besides the every day stuff of births, deaths, and work, sometimes really bad **** happens. January 04, 2017 the phone rings. It’s the hospital. Wife has stage three cancer. She spent literally all of 2017 fighting it. The stress is unrelenting and unbelievable. Finances are hit HARD. It’s sounds crazy to say out loud, but those of you that have been there will understand: it’s easier to just die. Not better, just easier.
Turns out she is (so far) cancer free. It affected every part of our lives. Permanently. But that’s life. Everyone eventually goes through similar or worse stuff.
On the bright side, besides surviving, I mean...
I had our ‘70 Coronet Super Bee tribute car for 25 years. Never did much with it. When she was going through chemo I had to monitor her, but couldn’t just sit beside her 24/7. So I worked on the car. Got more done then I had in the previous 25 years. Also realized that at 59 I’m closer to the end of life then the beginning. Time to stop taking projects and finish what I have.
The photo is us in Mazatlan this spring. It was the happiest I’ve seen her in years.
If you’re ever in The Last Drop in Cerritos, Mazatlan, Mexico, that polar bear licence plate on the wall that you can see in the photo is from me. We go there a few times a year now.

67584680-9624-422C-B8F1-B61CF4553A42.jpeg

Tough times? Besides the every day stuff of births, deaths, and work, sometimes really bad **** happens. January 04, 2017 the phone rings. It’s the hospital. Wife has stage three cancer. She spent literally all of 2017 fighting it. The stress is unrelenting and unbelievable. Finances are hit HARD. It’s sounds crazy to say out loud, but those of you that have been there will understand: it’s easier to just die. Not better, just easier.
Turns out she is (so far) cancer free. It affected every part of our lives. Permanently. But that’s life. Everyone eventually goes through similar or worse stuff.
On the bright side, besides surviving, I mean...
I had our ‘70 Coronet Super Bee tribute car for 25 years. Never did much with it. When she was going through chemo I had to monitor her, but couldn’t just sit beside her 24/7. So I worked on the car. Got more done then I had in the previous 25 years. Also realized that at 59 I’m closer to the end of life then the beginning. Time to stop taking projects and finish what I have.
The photo is us in Mazatlan this spring. It was the happiest I’ve seen her in years.
If you’re ever in The Last Drop in Cerritos, Mazatlan, Mexico, that polar bear licence plate on the wall that you can see in the photo is from me. We go there a few times a year now.

View attachment 814858
I ive been were you are and still am. Hope she is feeling better and I agree working one the hobby car when time allows is a great stress reduction.

Maria and I had been dating a few years when I took her to the Mopar Nats in 2015. Got into Ohio a week early, drove up to Toledo to catch a Mud Hens game (it's a M*A*S*H thing), then the R&R HOF in Cleveland, down to Canton to the football HOF, then back to Columbus for the Nats where she met several FBBO members. She told me it was the best vacay she's ever been on. Proposed to her on Sunday at the Nats.

I ive been were you are and still am. Hope she is feeling better and I agree working one the hobby car when time allows is a great stress reduction.
You bet. I sincerely hope that things work out for you. I joined this site just after she was diagnosed and started looking for info on my car. It really helped, both in working on my car and working on my wife.

First sight. 1992. Delivered pizza to her. Never asked why so many cars, guns, fish tanks, turtles, or cannons. Her tiny vagina and sex addiction didn't hurt either.
There is hope for smaller guys. Keep the faith they are out there.

Great stories. Thanks to those that had positive things to contribute.

Met this girl when I was 20 (my last wife) in a grocery store and well, she thought I was nuts and didn't want to give me her phone number. After a couple of weeks of asking, one of the other checkers gave it to me. Why did he have it lol. Anyways, she said she fell in love with me on the first date. Long story short, she wanted to get married right after I got drafted into the military. Turns out she was looking to get out of a dysfunctional home environment. She ended up marrying someone else and so did I but 15 years later we ended up getting married after both of our divorces. I was married to my first wife for 5 years but that marriage was ok if you compare it with X2. Our marriage ended up sucking and 32 years later, it ended. I tried but she didn't. We both had our issues but she wanted me to be the one that made all the changes but she's the one that made the final change....finally lol.

Anyways, I will never ever buy another car for a women nor will I ever sell a car so I can buy her the furniture she wants or anything else like that. From here on out, they will be the one to do stuff like that or there just won't be anymore women in my life. Can't afford one anymore anyways and my back is broke from bending over backwards. I know that sounds bitter but it's not really that so much as it is more of the facts. Now if something happens like winning the lottery (yeah right lol), I might have a different outlook :D but I'm really tired of dealing with all the stuff (crap) that comes with it....

Mhhh
Take it or leave it !
She did wipe my *** after both my surgery s .
But I think the nurse would have to do it too so.....

I'll play along - great stories, you guys.
I probably knew she was the one when she continued to date me - LOL. I figured how lucky am I to get a cute sweetheart like her? I was 22 and she was 19 when we met in college. We were both freshmen (I goofed off for 3 years before I ended up going to college). We're coming up on 31 years of marriage this December. Through it all, we have been through a serious bout of cancer for her ('92) and a hip replacement for me ('09). We were both home nurses for each other. We have a great 27 year old daughter as our crown achievement together. She's supportive with everything I do, and she doesn't harp on me for my dad-bod. She's gotten the short end of that deal, because she's kept herself in great shape. I try to be a good husband to her. Sometimes I fall a little short, but I'm my own worst critic. All in all we fit great together and always come to a mutually agreed upon decision on things. She's also been super supportive of me getting back into the car hobby after I went 25 years of having nothing old. She didn't know me in my previous car life, but she knew how much I love old cars. She enjoys car shows and was supportive and agreeable to me finagling my (our) way into the unlikely dream of owning a Hemi car when the opportunity unexpectedly dropped into our lives.

IMG_6633.jpg

I'll play along - great stories, you guys.
I probably knew she was the one when she continued to date me - LOL. I figured how lucky am I to get a cute sweetheart like her? I was 22 and she was 19 when we met in college. We were both freshmen (I goofed off for 3 years before I ended up going to college). We're coming up on 31 years of marriage this December. Through it all, we have been through a serious bout of cancer for her ('92) and a hip replacement for me ('09). We were both home nurses for each other. We have a great 27 year old daughter as our crown achievement together. She's supportive with everything I do, and she doesn't harp on me for my dad-bod. She's gotten the short end of that deal, because she's kept herself in great shape. I try to be a good husband to her. Sometimes I fall a little short, but I'm my own worst critic. All in all we fit great together and always come to a mutually agreed upon decision on things. She's also been super supportive of me getting back into the car hobby after I went 25 years of having nothing old. She didn't know me in my previous car life, but she knew how much I love old cars. She enjoys car shows and was supportive and agreeable to me finagling my (our) way into the unlikely dream of owning a Hemi car when the opportunity unexpectedly dropped into our lives.

View attachment 814886
You both make a good looking couple and are what marriage is all about. Wishing you both continued good health and much happiness

Well she walks with walkers and holding stuff ,she took 5 steps by herself the other day .
She's more interested in climbing right now!
The baby is nice and all and but it's alot of work . I wish I could go back to work and left the woman deal with baby !
Baby gets any heavier and I'm going to have issues holding her and lifting her any length of time .

KIMG1494.JPG

Best thing about this thread - next time an orphan Mopar follows me home without her knowledge I'll read Maria my post.

I had an idea she was something special the second time she asked me out.

(I turned her down the first time because I thought I was too wild and crazy for her)
(turns out she's the perfect amount of wild and crazy)

Auto Transport Service
Back