• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the TQ experts

Geoff 2

Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
I am working on a #9333 TQ which was used on Australian 302 Ferds. The air valve dashpot vac line plugs into the rear of the carb base, as per normal for the TQ. However, instead of just a steel tube pressed into the body, it is a brass ferrule with a tiny hole; didn't measure it but looks to be 012-015".
The sec jets are only 098". I am assuming this tiny orifice is designed to slow the dashpot release & work with the lean jet size.
Do any of the US models have this brass ferrule arrangement? Thanks.

Never seen that on any of mine. I’m looking at 6 right now. I can check emissions junk cores I have as they might have something like that to meet the emissions of the day but I really doubt it. I’ll check.

Rumble,
I think it is more likely on 9000 series TQ. Appreciate you having a look.

I have seen that restriction as mentioned. I can not say which models as that was years ago.

The restriction was in the vacuum break, at the end the hose pushes on. All I worked on were built this way.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back