• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forget about ordering a 2021 RAM

Jeez I hope not to spend $67k on just 1 truck, let alone on how ever many trucks I own between now and when I die

Until they come back out with reg cab or cab and 1/2 with a real 8 ft bed in something other than white I guess it won't matter how long it takes to get a new one, I ain't buying.
On that note I'm redoing my 85 d150 and looking at a real clean 91 or 92 Dakota with the 318 debating whether to go get.
NOT at all interested in 4 doors and a 5'3" bed.
Can't sleep in a bed that short if my tent gets swamped while camping
If that Dakota is any good, get it! They are fun. If it doesn't already have a limited slip in it, do it and while in there, slam in a 3.90 gear too! With the OD and a bit taller than stock tires, it'll be good on the highway and should still knock down decent mileage. And where have you been!!?

Hope that Dak is a 92 and not the 91. The 92 has 60 HP more than the 91.

I bought a new Ram with the hemi 1500 in early spring
Dealer had quite a few but I know they were selling and most had the six cylinder
I had to take what he had in stock
Glad I bought when I did
FD84BE82-3072-45D3-8AD9-B037AE9F71ED.jpeg

Really like the Rebels. I have an ’05 Dakota, 2nd Dak I’ve had. The one I have now is the Laramie well optioned and AWD. Damn it handles fantastic in slippery weather unlike any truck I’ve had before. This truck is the right size for 80% of what I need a truck for and was hoping this model would return. Pricing trucks is shocking, even a few years old. I could fork over for one; but hell I’ll throw this amount of cash building my 2nd garage.

My truck has 83K on it, runs fantastic; but rusting out. Now hunting for southern/western box, gate, and fenders to have a summer rebuild project, if I find the parts. Body shop is on deck to repaint after I get done blasting/coating the underside and such. For the $12-14k I estimate this will cost, seems not bad aside from my time being retired anyway. At my age, might be the last truck I own…

Hope that Dak is a 92 and not the 91. The 92 has 60 HP more than the 91.
Yup I've had a few, 90-99. A 90, a 92, a 93, a 94, a 96 and a 99. Still have the 96 and 99
Don't like the 99 as well as the 96-older.
My 96 is a 4wd.

After playing with the Order Online App, when I finished it up, the price came to over 50k and some change!!! WTF??? No way can I afford a new one. And that was picking the V-6 over the other offerings. No thanks as I will continue to buy late model used...cr8crshr/Bill:screwy::screwy::screwy::usflag::usflag::usflag:

After playing with the Order Online App, when I finished it up, the price came to over 50k and some change!!! WTF??? No way can I afford a new one. And that was picking the V-6 over the other offerings. No thanks as I will continue to buy late model used...cr8crshr/Bill:screwy::screwy::screwy::usflag::usflag::usflag:
Now may not be the ideal time to buy, but when they start ramping up production id suggest shop around locally rather then on line
The truck pictured in my post was with the Hemi and had a good amount of options, it was around 43 grand out the door, tax, plates extra of course

Just ordered a Ram 1500 4x4 crew cab last weekend; 6 - 8 week lead time. Salesman said that by end of May they would stop taking orders on 2021's.

All this must explain why the used car lots can't keep used trucks. They sell within a day or two. I know one guy who deals in nothing but used trucks and he sold 15 in one week.

I saw a real nice 04 Dakota this week. It just showed up on a lot overnight. Stopped in at lunch time and it was already sold. Crazy market right now.

Ford Trucks...

All this must explain why the used car lots can't keep used trucks. They sell within a day or two. I know one guy who deals in nothing but used trucks and he sold 15 in one week.

I saw a real nice 04 Dakota this week. It just showed up on a lot overnight. Stopped in at lunch time and it was already sold. Crazy market right now.

Ford Trucks...

Oh look! They're making them reside in a junk yard from the git go! How clever!

Now may not be the ideal time to buy, but when they start ramping up production id suggest shop around locally rather then on line
The truck pictured in my post was with the Hemi and had a good amount of options, it was around 43 grand out the door, tax, plates extra of course

Still way too much to spend on a vehicle!!! IMHO!!! And, I was only playing with the on-line app just to see what it would come up with. I am not getting rid of my 2010 F-150 as it is very low in miles and I do not drive very much any more. I am however, looking into a Jeep Cherokee SUV AWD, V-6 for my grocery "getter" and low fuel usage as what with the BS gas prices, I need something a tad bit more economical and will get me around during winter. Not that the truck cannot but with my fixed budget and all, I ain't bringin' in as much $$$ as I used to...cr8crshr/Bill

Still way too much to spend on a vehicle!!! IMHO!!! And, I was only playing with the on-line app just to see what it would come up with. I am not getting rid of my 2010 F-150 as it is very low in miles and I do not drive very much any more. I am however, looking into a Jeep Cherokee SUV AWD, V-6 for my grocery "getter" and low fuel usage as what with the BS gas prices, I need something a tad bit more economical and will get me around during winter. Not that the truck cannot but with my fixed budget and all, I ain't bringin' in as much $$$ as I used to...cr8crshr/Bill
I know, I get it, trust me. Hard for me to come to the fact that 46 years ago my house cost me the same price as a new vehicle.
I put off buying a new truck for a year and then one day I said, the hell with it, im not getting younger, less money the kids get and I could well afford it. Good luck with whatever you decide

many dealers can & will do a dealer swap/trade with inventory
there's tons of 2021's out there, already on lots
I counted over 300 4x4's in the Sacramento Valley & Foothills alone
heavily optioned like I was looking for,
most were 23-out of 25 options I used as search criteria
for a Rebel & a TRX
& that was just a quick search on Bing, I'd bet it triple that #
of just Ram 1500's in 4x4, probably triple that # again for 2wd

Even for the TRX's, that are far, far harder to locate
then just a Ram 1500
I still found a bunch of them in the Valley & Bay Area
with all options I wanted, some were near perfect matches too
& that was just a quick internet search
thru the 'Ram' official build your truck site...
to build & locate them

good luck

Last edited:
I’m old school I guess. Could be why I have my ’63 Plymouth and such affection for older rides, while my elder brother has often bought new muscle and trucks. Of course, to each their own; but even my brother is balking at another brand new truck with the prices. Couple of friends got their’s by leasing. Conversely, I haven’t had a vehicle payment in 25 years and paid off our house a few years ago. This is just a freedom feeling to me.

I’ve seen guys that have restored their older trucks that catch my eye; always liked the later 90’s and early 00’s Dodge trucks and had one, a 1500, before going to Dakotas. I have a beat up ’91 Ram 2500 for plowing and those catch my attention when I see those restored. So seeing what cash is involved and how much I’ve liked my 05 Dakota Laramie with AWD and 80k on it, I’m good with unloading $15k on restoring the body vs $40 or 45k on a few year old Dodge truck. Reckon I’ll use that cash for building my extra garage. Now that I'm about retired won't be putting that many miles on it anyway.

Jeez I hope not to spend $67k on just 1 truck, let alone on how ever many trucks I own between now and when I die

Seriously-I have a 2014 2500 with the Cummins and was thinking of trading in ...until I saw the sticker price, holy cow the new ones must come with gold tires! My son lives in Idaho so I checked up there and it was still 80k for a new one.

I’m old school I guess. Could be why I have my ’63 Plymouth and such affection for older rides, while my elder brother has often bought new muscle and trucks. Of course, to each their own; but even my brother is balking at another brand new truck with the prices. Couple of friends got their’s by leasing. Conversely, I haven’t had a vehicle payment in 25 years and paid off our house a few years ago. This is just a freedom feeling to me.

I’ve seen guys that have restored their older trucks that catch my eye; always liked the later 90’s and early 00’s Dodge trucks and had one, a 1500, before going to Dakotas. I have a beat up ’91 Ram 2500 for plowing and those catch my attention when I see those restored. So seeing what cash is involved and how much I’ve liked my 05 Dakota Laramie with AWD and 80k on it, I’m good with unloading $15k on restoring the body vs $40 or 45k on a few year old Dodge truck. Reckon I’ll use that cash for building my extra garage. Now that I'm about retired won't be putting that many miles on it anyway.
This is why I have no plans to get rid of my '01 Ram 2500 Cummins. Just need to undo 20 years of WI salt winters. I'm too attached to it anyway, after speccing out and ordering it new from the factory in 2000. By the way, when I ordered it on February 17, 2000, it already had to be a model year 2001 truck due to CAFE standards.

IMG_3735 (2).png

Auto Transport Service
Back