• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found 18 spline Hemi 4 speed transmission 0A230002

chargervert

Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
I was digging through my transmission stash and found a n 18 spline Hemi 4 speed transmission with the VIN 0A230002 stamped in the case. I am going to see if my transmission guy can rebuild it but I figured I would see if the car it came from is still out there. If so send me a pm on here. Thanks Pete.
20210406_103029.jpg
20210406_102825.jpg

My transmission guy took the transmission apart and deemed it to be rebuildibe,so it is going to be rebuilt. It cleaned up better than expected. The case has been glass beaded,and all the bolt holes cleaned out with taps,all the shafts and gears look good, and I found the side cover with the shift fork levers! Great news!

Very sweet. A couple grand worth these days. :thumbsup:

Very sweet. A couple grand worth these days. :thumbsup:
Ed,I figured that with most people doing overdrive swaps in their classic Mopars that the price of 18 spline Hemi 4 speed transmissions would have gone down in value, but the opposite has happened. It seems good rebuildible cores are going in the $1000 to $1500 range and rebuilt ones are in the $2000 to $3000 range. Dana 60 rear axles are about the same price these days! I also dropped off my T10 4 speed transmission from my 69 AMX,which is in about the same condition as this one. I am hoping that he can resurrect that one too.

Ed,I figured that with most people doing overdrive swaps in their classic Mopars that the price of 18 spline Hemi 4 speed transmissions would have gone down in value, but the opposite has happened. It seems good rebuildible cores are going in the $1000 to $1500 range and rebuilt ones are in the $2000 to $3000 range. Dana 60 rear axles are about the same price these days! I also dropped off my T10 4 speed transmission from my 69 AMX,which is in about the same condition as this one. I am hoping that he can resurrect that one too.
Very much true. The 18 splines have a premium price these days, as opposed to the 23's.
I was very fortunate (that happens when one is diligent and watches a lot of sites eventually) and got a fresh
rebuilt one for $1000 - seems a customer left theirs at a transmission shop about an hour from here and never
came back for it, so the shop sold it off to get it out of their hair.
Lucky me. :)

Very much true. The 18 splines have a premium price these days, as opposed to the 23's.
I was very fortunate (that happens when one is diligent and watches a lot of sites eventually) and got a fresh
rebuilt one for $1000 - seems a customer left theirs at a transmission shop about an hour from here and never
came back for it, so the shop sold it off to get it out of their hair.
Lucky me. :)
That was a smoking deal. I gave Passon $2400 for mine.

That was a smoking deal. I gave Passon $2400 for mine.
I can believe it. Dan (Brewer) told me at the time that there was a two month wait for one from him -
the conversion "kits" he sells got top priority on the rebuilt units there.

I can believe it. Dan (Brewer) told me at the time that there was a two month wait for one from him -
the conversion "kits" he sells got top priority on the rebuilt units there.
That's the reason I got one from Jamie. He had one in stock ready to go and Brewers told me a 3 month wait.

That's the reason I got one from Jamie. He had one in stock ready to go and Brewers told me a 3 month wait.
Yep. The big difference between the two that I've experienced is that Jamie hires help in his shop
(which in my own experience dealing with him isn't always a good thing), whereas the Brewer boys tried
that and decided against it due to a slacking off of quality control.
They'd rather do less orders and retain total control of what's going out the door.
Oh....and Dan's a damn sight more friendly and helpful than the other guy, least with me.

Auto Transport Service
Back