• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found 1972 Charger SE VIN # WP29U2A181019 w/440 HIPO

Quick update! So not this weekend but the next, I will be heading out from Alexandria MN to Hollister CA to pick up there car. Hopefully all goes well.

As a side note, I did a little google recon as I was curious about one of the things I saw inside the car and a sticker that was on the rear bumper. The sticker on the rear bumper said 6speed, and there is a box located under the dash. See pics. Ends up the car has a Gear-Vendors Over/Under drive installed. Should be fun to see if it actually works!

20230820_115205[1].jpg

20230820_115104[1].jpg

The car is such a cool find,and a Gear Vendors overdrive unit too! This car just keeps getting better!

So I made it put to my cousins place and have the car loaded up. 1900 miles back home. Should be interesting to say the least. As promised included is a pic of what I believe is the date code for the tires? Let me know folks!!

20230930_122657.jpg

20230930_100207.jpg

Here is what i'll do for the group once I go out and get the car. If you notice the tires, which I believe to be original to the car and in perfect shape, I'll get the date code off of them so we can kind of tell if the mileage of the car is at all what it says it was.
and the date code from the spare tire too when you have time. Thanks.

Super nice.

Those trim rings are aftermarket, been available maybe the last 10 years or so. No matter, it looks like a very nice car that I would be proud to own.

So I did make it home with the car. Trip out was good, trip back I was showing my age. It was a struggle! LOL! Anyway, I had a chance to look the car over a bit more. A few notes below.
#1. No Spare tire in the trunk.
#2. Under dash at the steering column is a mess as far as the wiring. Not sure what they were trying to do. I'll need another car to look at to understand how to put it back together. Anyone in Minnesota willing to let me have a look at their Charger? Let me know.
#3. Part of the under dash mess is due to the Gear Vendor install, never finished it the way it looks.
#4. Still trying to decide if I should return the car to its original intake and 4 barrel setup and get rid of the 6 pack? Or, just say screw it and install a Holly Sniper on it.
#5. I have yet to get it into my shop (small shop attached to the double car garage) as I'm not sure it will even fit. Right now it is in the garage, but it is not heated and winter is coming.
#6. Once it the shop I will need to soak the engine and then see if I can even get the mota to turn over by hand. I gave it a half azzed attempt at the crank and it did not budge.
#7. drop the gas tank and clean it out. Pull the manifold and carbs to clean the carbs and return the intake to its natural color (someone sprayed it blue?).
#8. Go for start!

So I am looking for stock valve covers, anyone have them, pm me. Also, I will need a dash pad. Anyone recommend a source. Last thing, what should I use to soak the engine? Marvel Oil?

Last edited:
Beautiful ride! We need to see some engine bay shots. Personally I'd get the engine fixed and take it for a drive to shake the bugs out.

One you got it running right you might just keep it as is and save a ton of money trying to go back to OEM. Nothing wrong with a day 2 look.

Auto Transport Service
Back