• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found 1972 Charger SE VIN # WP29U2A181019 w/440 HIPO

Kobrak

Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
Ok, kind of a neat deal. Was at my cousins house in Hollister CA last week and he had received a phone call from the son of his old boss (20 years back). The son had about 6 cars he needed moved as his dads ex GF was damaging them and selling off parts for a habit she had. Anywho, one of the "Barn Find" cars is a black on black 72. The car as it sits has 4,686 miles on it. The bad thing is it sat outside for two years. I ended up making an offer and purchased the car. I did get a bit more of the story from the son and I guess the car has 1 repaint on it due to it being keyed two months after buying it.

So, the car has a few really neat options on it including factory sun roof, power windows, dual racing mirrors, concealed headlamps, tinted glass all, AC, sway bars, and 26" radiator. It also has something I've not seen before, a factory under dash cassette player, recorder with mic? It even has the original tires on it.

Here is another kicker, the car is a six pack car? Obviously not stock as they didn't make any six pack cars except two that somehow left the factory I guess (ghost cars?), and those had the V in the VIN. It has to be a swap, so now I need to figure out if I should swap it back to the stock config.

The two issues with the car are the trunk and the vinyl top. The trunk is very dull and the top is pretty rough on just the sunroof section. I have yeet to try a start as I'll need to plug plugs, drop oil and try to spin the motor by hand.

Here's a pic of the car.

20230819_141241[1].jpg

WOW. Jealous. That's a heavy hitter.
My bud has the exact car minus the roof and ac. Luxurious ride.
As a side note, in the early 90s I saw a true 72 6pack charger in Missouri. Lucky to see it.

Great find on an amazing optioned car....Congrats! Get some numbers from the intake and carbs and maybe someone can tell you if it was an aftermarket over the counter conversion, or done with original parts.

So I did look up the # on the Intake and it is a second version of the factory intake, haven't ran the #'s on the carbs yet. The Intake # is 2946276, but I didn't find the date code on it yet.

I bet that hood and Six-pack came off the same car.

I would not trust the odometer as that gauge bezel has been changed as that is a '74 ONLY bezel so it's been messed with for sure. BUT that said what a great find!! Enjoy!

1693003191250.png

Awesome score! The license plate reminded me of the one I had on my 70 R/T back in the mid 80's, 1BAD440.

Very nice car. Glad you are saving it. Did you buy this to appreciate and enjoy it or as a flip? Just curious.

I did buy it to enjoy, although I must admit I've never been a moper guy. I don't know a lot about them so it should be a fun journey!

I would not trust the odometer as that gauge bezel has been changed as that is a '74 ONLY bezel so it's been messed with for sure. BUT that said what a great find!! Enjoy!

View attachment 1515427
And with the 5/50, if it was still in effect in ‘72… many cars had the speedometer disconnected for a while. I remember a whole summer of going down the shore in my Dad’s ‘68 Satellite, and the speedo “didn’t work”.

Here is what i'll do for the group once I go out and get the car. If you notice the tires, which I believe to be original to the car and in perfect shape, I'll get the date code off of them so we can kind of tell if the mileage of the car is at all what it says it was.

Wow We Wowow !! That is a very nice car in great shape !! Congratulations on getting it !!

Auto Transport Service
Back