• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found "Locally" , High desert, no rust....

Nice find but not really cool showing pics of the VIN number of a car you don't own and isn't listed as "for sale". That's someone's property, have a little respect. Really not cool !

Really? Every car has one and thier in plain view for anyone to see. What's the big deal?

Nice find but not really cool showing pics of the VIN number of a car you don't own and isn't listed as "for sale". That's someone's property, have a little respect. Really not cool !
maybe it was stolen and dumped there if it was posted and the owner had seen his vin . I bet he would be happy as hell :praying:

I’m not real sure why people have such an issue with displaying VIN’s it’s not your SS#.

Does California allow you to obtain a title for an abandoned vehicle? I mean who knows how long that has sat there.

Really? Every car has one and thier in plain view for anyone to see. What's the big deal?
Here's kinda where I see the big deal Paul_G. Maybe the car is abandoned, maybe the guy just decided he wants to park it there, and YES every car has the VIN for people to see. But this car isn't in a parking lot, it's not in a public park, it's on someone's property. You want to take pics from the Rd that's legal, but the poster walked onto private property and took pics of a VIN, I'm sure that's trespassing no matter what state it's in. Do a land search and approach the owner. You want to stand on right a way and snap shots, hey it's in public view kinda, you want to walk on the property and look, well most of us has done that, but to walk on private property, take pics or videos without permission isn't legal and could always end bad, Period !
Hope you can find the owner, it seems like a nice car.

Photos of the car look like it is near a public street with passing traffic. Almost as if on display. With drones and cameras everywhere, I just don’t care who photos the numbers on my car.
Out in daylight a few feet from the street, forget about privacy. The guys who block out the lic plate number, have to wonder what they are hiding from.

Very interesting. I was looking for tire tracks in the pics and didn't see any, but the weeds don't appear to be too disturbed, so I'm thinking maybe it hasn't been there too long. Parked in front of a gate in the fence that appears to open outward. Maybe a rollback wrecker dropped it off there and the guy that lives there is too busy fixing up dozens of old mopars behind the fence. Maybe if you dressed up like those guys on Counting cars with a film crew behind, you could knock on his door.

Very interesting. I was looking for tire tracks in the pics and didn't see any, but the weeds don't appear to be too disturbed, so I'm thinking maybe it hasn't been there too long. Parked in front of a gate in the fence that appears to open outward. Maybe a rollback wrecker dropped it off there and the guy that lives there is too busy fixing up dozens of old mopars behind the fence. Maybe if you dressed up like those guys on Counting cars with a film crew behind, you could knock on his door.

I can't believe those guys don't get shot walking up to a house looking like they do! Someone did call the cops on them in one episode.

I personally would not have posted VIN online. Especially if you are interested in vehicle? I don't have contacts in the State it resides. But someone who does may beat you to it? DMV information is not that difficult to obtain.

Auto Transport Service
Back