• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

frame connectors self made

Mine follow the floor but delete the torsion bar cross member since I am running an aftermarket k frame and coil overs

FB_IMG_1518351356107.jpg FB_IMG_1518351361782.jpg

DSCF8625.JPG
Here's a pic of mine to show an example. The only problem this presents is how to route the
brake line that feeds the rear brakes. I figure I can take the pre-bent stainless tube and cut
it at some point and have someone flare the ends and put in a coupler.

View attachment 589781 Here's a pic of mine to show an example. The only problem this presents is how to route the
brake line that feeds the rear brakes. I figure I can take the pre-bent stainless tube and cut
it at some point and have someone flare the ends and put in a coupler.
thast one Nic e paint job on the floor pans , way to go . and for brake lines you can drill out where it went before ?

I wish I could just drill another hole! The lines are pre-bent and just no way to wiggle it into position.
I'll figure it out when I get to it. As far as the paint, Thank you! It was blasted, I shot some DTM Epoxy primer
and then welded the connectors Alot of work, but worth it!

I wish I could just drill another hole! The lines are pre-bent and just no way to wiggle it into position.
I'll figure it out when I get to it. As far as the paint, Thank you! It was blasted, I shot some DTM Epoxy primer
and then welded the connectors Alot of work, but worth it!
i i imagine the welding was tedious , i ve seen a few cars come in the shop that people started welding in new floors or frame rails
they don't realize that you have to screw them down and tack it in corner by corner and bit by bit
the guy buys a welder and starts at one end and then it s 1 inch off at the other . the number had to be redrilled
he was like how do we fix this , I'm like rip it all out and start all over he said no way leave it like that
buyer be ware but they think they no more than the mechanic sometimes, they don't!

here is some more pics of the rough fitted bars
I channeled where the back were the seem is

IMG_3884.JPG IMG_3886.JPG IMG_3887.JPG IMG_3888.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back