• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Freaking Oil Prices / Oil to Electric Conversion

I prep the gator joints just like I would if I were soldering - clean, emery cloth (RADIAL motion, not up and down the pipe), and snap 'em in. Once mated, I strap the joint to something even if I have to block it out from a stud - just to reduce movement under pressure changes. If they stay static, there's less chance of leaking.

I like them because I can mate new CPVC to old existing copper in rental renovations, without having to get all sorts of adaptors and crap.

as long as the item has been installed according to installation instructions and compliant with local code.
I have seen good results with them, however, I believe it is still against code to use them in a wall or where they can not be seen. Although I know people who have used them on hot systems, I won't due to the fact that I worked in a plant that used the type they use on fire systems,(groove lock), on a 200 plus degree hot water heating system and I am talking 12, 10, 8, 6, & 4 inch sizes, which leaked all over the place and really leaked bad when the temperature of the water dropped below 120 degrees. They ended up replacing every joint with welded fittings. It cost them over a million dollars. Around that time the popular pro-press system came out. I just feel the process of heating and cooling will cause failure before a more constant temperature,(cool) would.

I use solar almost all the time. It cost hardly anything, doesn't need maintaining, works on cloudy days (but not rainy days). It's called a clothesline.

I prep the gator joints just like I would if I were soldering - clean, emery cloth (RADIAL motion, not up and down the pipe), and snap 'em in. Once mated, I strap the joint to something even if I have to block it out from a stud - just to reduce movement under pressure changes. If they stay static, there's less chance of leaking.

I like them because I can mate new CPVC to old existing copper in rental renovations, without having to get all sorts of adaptors and crap.
OK, but in the end its two Orings that do the sealing

Auto Transport Service
Back