• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free Fender Tag Decoding!

Claire440-6pack

Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
Hello all! I would like to extend my services in decoding fender tags! I have been decoding fender tags all my life, and trust me, I've done my fair share of research on the subject. Am I an expert? No - I'm sure there are people out there who know more than me. However, I am very well learned indeed. I can do the following.

'67-'68 tags - I can decode some, if not most, of the codes on these tags. While I usually can't tell you 100% what is said on these tags, I can give you quite a good idea. Or if you're struggling with decoding a certain code, give me a shout! I'm happy to help if I can.

'69-'71 tags - I can decode these 100%. No issues at all. If you want an even deeper idea of what those codes on your tag mean, deeper than an online decoder can tell you, I can help with that. Whether that's more info on packages, special equipment, and etc. (Not Lynch Road Tags! I can do some stuff with those, but not completely decode them)

'72 tags - I can do these as well, usually with very few issues, if any. There may be a few codes I don't know, however, if I do know them, I'm happy to contribute my knowledge.

HOW THIS WORKS.

1. Snap a picture of your fender tag. The clearer the better. If you don't want me to see the sequence number, go ahead and cover it in the picture. If you don't mind, I don't mind. I won't do anything with your tags besides decode them and get back to you!

2. Private message me here on FBBO and we'll see what we can get decoded for ya!

3. Make a post on this thread to let me know you sent a message! And I'll make sure to get back to you.

*If messaging me won't work, just post it on this thread, and I'll get back to you here.

Last edited:
if it's free, it's for me!!!!!!!!!
68 tag

How are you at build sheet oddities?

I have some real oddball stuff on the build sheets I found in my73 Satellite.

One says "Last job" in the margin, and another says "do not build".

No one I have shown them to has ever seen anything like them.

How are you at build sheet oddities?

I have some real oddball stuff on the build sheets I found in my73 Satellite.

One says "Last job" in the margin, and another says "do not build".

No one I have shown them to has ever seen anything like them.

I'm afraid I haven't ever seen anything like that! I know that isn't helpful, sorry. That is odd stuff right there.

Yes it sure is.

The one that says "do not build" is for a 1972 Charger and it's perforated/attached to the sheet for my car which is a 1973!

...and to top it all off the date printed on them is my birthday!

HOW THIS WORKS.

1. Snap a picture of your fender tag. The clearer the better. If you don't want me to see the sequence number, go ahead and cover it in the picture. If you don't mind, I don't mind. I won't do anything with your tags besides decode them and get back to you!

2. Email me the picture.* My email is ************

3. Make a post on this thread to let me know you sent an email! And I'll make sure to get back to you.

*If emailing won't work, just post it on this thread, and I'll get back to you here.
Thanks for joining up here.
Just for clarity and fairness sakes here at FBBO (and also the sister sites), you are not permitted to post your email or telephone details here unless you become a Gold Member....and even then there are many who would not recommend doing so.

Please use the 'Private Conversation' function located at the top right hand corner of the page. Members can respond easily using this function without those nasties in cyberspace grabbing your personal details along the way.

I hope that helps.
Of course, another way is to contact the site owner, and become a Vendor :)

Thanks for joining up here.
Just for clarity and fairness sakes here at FBBO (and also the sister sites), you are not permitted to post your email or telephone details here unless you become a Gold Member....and even then there are many who would not recommend doing so.

Please use the 'Private Conversation' function located at the top right hand corner of the page. Members can respond easily using this function without those nasties in cyberspace grabbing your personal details along the way.

I hope that helps.
Of course, another way is to contact the site owner, and become a Vendor :)

Thank you for saying something! I'm sorry, I was unaware of that rule. I will edit my thread right away! I certainly don't want to cause any trouble. :)

I need the reverse done. My 1971 Charger 500 came with the left fender missing. Now I have to reverse engineer by what options the car has.

Mines a 74! Reason why I said that is I see a lot that isn't that new . Where do I sent the tag number? PM it to you, email it? Let me know. It's killing me to know because this doesn't show the ear marks of what's on it/left on it ( I didn't get much ).

Auto Transport Service
Back