• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free TP!!

a year ago April you could have funded
the kids' College with that... :poke:

True and funny story time.

When I was an apprentice I wired a house as a part time on-the-side job one year. The house is actually a few hundred meters from where I now live. The owner (Brian) ran the local Hardware store near where I worked at the time, and he convinced me to do the job - cheap labour for him.

One Saturday morning I was working on my own inside the garage in that house, when I had the urgent urge to go. Seeing as how the house was closed in, but not finished, there was no plumbing or power connected yet. I looked around and found a used one litre (quart) paint tin that was empty in the owners trailer that was parked in the garage. Made sure no-one was around, and I proceeded to carefully 'fill' the tin with a log.

Not long after that I heard a car pull up. It was the Brian. He had turned up to do a few small jobs.....including painting some window frames. Thinking no more about what I had just done, as it was such a relief, I didn't think about the tin which I had closed up tight with the lid and buried in the trailer rubbish. The owner dug around (knowing there was a tin there) and found 'my tin'.

The look on Brian's face was priceless when he finally popped the lid.....he looked at me, and said nothing. I suspect the tin was still a bit warm. :D

He left shortly after that. :lol:
I guess it's a bit late to add at the bottom...."Name and address withheld" :rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back