• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

From wrecker to show winner...a 70 Superbee.....

super-bee_ski

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
Randy Adams was bicycling home one sunny afternoon in 1976 when a sight stopped him in his tracks: a yellow 1970 Dodge Super Bee. The Mopar machine wasn’t rumbling along in his Lima, Ohio, neighborhood but rather hung on a wrecker’s hook headed for sure destruction at the local junkyard. Something about the special Coronet coupe with its famed fluttering-wings grille design set flight to the youngster’s imagination and he had to have it.

The car had been owned by a neighbor’s wife. Her dad bought it for her brand new for commuting purposes. At the time, she was in college and buzzed back and forth every weekend from her classes in Lexington, Kentucky, to her family’s home in Cleveland, Ohio. Over 100,000 miles racked up before the factory 383 CI V-8 motor gave out. Less than thrilled, her husband—a diehard Ford enthusiast and employee for the brand—parked it in their side lot, and after finally having enough, he decided to let it go, calling the tow truck to haul it off.

DSC_0100.jpg-72.jpg

70_D_Superbee_RA_His1.jpg

70_D_Superbee_hist3.jpeg

9.18.21-PFRR-70-Dodge-SBee-RA-0079-1024x681.jpg

9.18.21-PFRR-70-Dodge-SBee-RA-0105-1024x681.jpg

I "understand", as it is not for everyones liking...but the "Kid" grew up, finally had the money to restore to his liking and created a Wild Superbee.

I can respect all the work that went into it
or the passion for the car/build
looks like quality work

just not to my liking/style
not my cup of tea

& I'm certainly not strictly a purist type,
I do like day 2 cars, pro-touring or resto-mods
or even racecars built out these B-bodies etc.

But;
that way over the top, 'wild' or way out there
But;
if it rocks his boat, blows up his skirt
whatever the case maybe
more power to him

Auto Transport Service
Back