• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front brake conversion

Tony 69

Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Hey everybody. I am wondering what is the easiest or most complete kit to convert front drums to disc for a 69 Roadrunner. I would like a kit that has the master and everything. Even the proporsioning valve. I’m not interested in new knuckles and all that. I was wanting to keep this car as original as possible but it’s downright scary sometimes with the original brakes.

So you want to compromise the spindles because of originality ???
The spindle size went larger in the later years for strength. Just save your old brakes and spindles complete if you want to ever sell or change back. Buy all new parts, you will be happier you did. More parts availability when it comes time to service.
Stay with a stock Mopar type conversion. More economical and you can use a factory service manual for service information if you want to.

I just did a conversion with the kit from Doctor Diff that allows keeping the 14" wheels. Yes, you have to change the spindles, but that's not a real big deal. The other kits with bolt on brackets use calipers and stuff that I believe were originally ford Mustang stuff.

You have to decide first if you want to keep you spindles. There are kits for this. Or change to a disc spindle that allow use of factory disc parts.

If you want to retain your stock spindles you may want to look at a company by the name of LEED Brakes. They make a kit that looks similar to the 4 piston Kelsey Hayes design found on early mopars. Here is link to their power kit

Front Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit

James From
PST

I tell people all the time to look at Pirate jack their owned by MPB which is a big importer and maker of brake parts. If you call them they make deals all the time and also they have an ebay site if saved a good amount of money with them.

pirate jack.PNG

If you want to retain your stock spindles you may want to look at a company by the name of LEED Brakes. They make a kit that looks similar to the 4 piston Kelsey Hayes design found on early mopars. Here is link to their power kit

Front Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit

James From
PST
I can vouch for the LEED Brakes kit through PST. I have one on my Satellite.
Good quality, great after sales support.

Auto Transport Service
Back